All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. After restarting my computer, Chrome has gone missing. I have no idea why this would happen. I have looked in Apps, I have looked in Trash--nowhere to be found. It's probably easy enough to reinstall Chrome. But all my Bookmarks are gone and would probably be gone permanently--we are talking about several hundred. Any advice?
  3. So I did a quick dive into this and apparently this description comes from two of the members of Messthetics being former members of the punk band Fugazi (which I only have passing knowledge of).
  4. April 19 Don Barbour - 1927 Alexis Korner - 1928 Genya Ravan - 1940 Alan Price - 1942 Mark Volman - 1947
  5. My newest one is out today from Intakt...it's 'Musho', a long-standing collaboration with Sofia Jernberg (although it's our first release!). Please do check it out! https://alexanderhawkinsintakt.bandcamp.com/album/musho ...a series of takes on a variety of songs from Ethiopia, Sweden, Armenia and the UK...
  6. Today
  7. Right .... and no pun intended 😇🥳 ....
  8. Cal Tjader and Charlie Byrd “Tambu” Concord cd
  9. Its a good serieswith a lot of Pepper Yep! We all grow older with the times ;-]]
  10. Often I am tempted to buy these Japanese reissues for sonic upgrade reasons. For example I bought all the Basie Roulette reissues from Warner Japan and felt they were upgrades from the Mosaic versions. But listening to the Jamal Mosaic. . . the sound is such an improvement from Atlantic LPs or cds I had of the material and so satisfying to listen to that I'm not going to purchase any of these new Japanese reissues. Cover reproduction means little to me, that's not a motivating factor. I love the Mosaic pictorial presentations.
  11. But with original artwork, which to me adds substantially to the overall experience of classic reissues. One of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of Mosaic's.
  12. Wish I could convey the overwhelming scent of bluebonnets. This was in Austin a couple of weeks ago.
  13. Fabiano Do Nascimento “Mundo Solo” cd 600×600 48.2 KB Amazing guitarist. Followed by Harish Raghavan “Calls for Action” cd 700×618 91.3 KB
  14. Great music .... but likely without the bonus material released via the Mosaic box "The Complete Ahmad Jamal Trio Argo Sessions 1956-62" (?) ....
  15. New CD Argo Releases (April 17, 2024) UCCU-3225-3234 Count ‘Em 88, Volume 4, Portfolio, Penthouse, Happy Moods, At Pershing Vol. 2, Listen To, At the Alhambra, All of You, At the Blackhawk A very long-time reader of the forum, and I wanted to alert Jamal fans that, as always, leave it up to the Japanese market to do it right with ten titles from the label that established this unique pianist to the jazz world. I know that Dusty Groove announced this same release, but I just learned today that all of the titles are now changed to delay, and that is never a good thing, since in the past that usually meant the discs never showed up in the US. I strongly recommend using CD Japan to be certain to receive your order and to do so in amazing turnaround time. Example: I placed my order on Tuesday, 4/16, and it arrived yesterday evening! In addition to the speed, another factor is their price was considerably less than DG's $19 price offering at a mere $11.67 per disc, and with DHL shipping still cheaper than stateside sources will charge. Just a tip from yet another lifelong jazz lover.
  16. Linda Ronstadt Ann Savoy "Adieu False Heart" (Vanguard) 2006 .... lovely voices abound ....
  17. To write an effective book about Cecil Taylor, one must engage with the computer keyboard as Taylor engages with the piano.
  18. Kip Hanrahan „All Roads Are Made Of Flesh“ (American Clave) 1995 …. the overall magic of his 80`s releases is gone, still there are ingenious glimpses to be found ....
  1. Load more activity