All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Eddie Harris - Instant Death A record that I have wanted to own for a while but which never showed up at the right price point, bought on recent trip to Phoenix.
  3. The idea of a Singers Unlimited TV show for teens on Sunday night in the 70s would be unthinkable here in the UK. We would have more likely had T-Rex, Slade, Bay City Rollers, the Glitter creature or something from the Osmond/Cassidy corporations !
  4. That 'Yoshis' is a really good CD. Bonus for me is that my copy came from our good friend BillF's collection, bless him.
  5. Picked up straggler LP copies of two of the Sun Ra's (Elemental Chicago concerts plus the Strut) so that is me done for this year. The store also had a second hand copy of David Meeker's 'Jazz in the Movies' book so added that one too. All of the stores I visited seem to have sold their copies of the Bill Evans on Craft in super fast time.
  6. Today
  7. Absolutely. Of course I'm far too young to have witnessed this band or Frank Wright live, though I did see Few, Silva, Noah Howard and Leroy Williams in concert and it was a beautiful experience, full of camaraderie and love. This was several years before Muhammad Ali reemerged. My impression of the Center of the World band is that they were FUN and not afraid to get house rockin' in what they played.
  8. Yes, my favorite of their LPs no question. But seeing him is very different from listening to the records!
  9. Whenever feasible your feedback will be appreciated ....
  10. Those long jams like Spare Chaynge, Bear Melt and Thing are the Airplane at their best. Spencer Dryden is great too.
  11. That is correct. He discussed working with Jordi in the Zoom interview I did a few weeks ago. I just got the new Downbeat and I felt the article about Zev Feldman was edited down for space too much, it deserved more.
  12. I will try and remember. [Waldron-Lacy] But it won't arrive until next week. By then other posters will likely have shared impressions.
  13. Check out Casady on this long instrumental from their great 1967 album After Bathing at Baxter's (my favorite of their albums): Great story, thanks!
  14. Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it'll be a quick fix. I actually think I'm going to get these RSD releases on CD. I love vinyl too. But the RSD CDs are less expensive. (Most of the vinyl that I buy is used.) Occasionally, I'll plop for a new LP if it's the only option -- like last year's RSD reissue of Black Renaissance - Body, Mind, Spirit. I also have a few Pure Pleasure LPs in my collection that aren't available in any digital format.
  15. Frank Wright (tenor saxophone), Bobby Few (piano), Alan Silva (bass), Muhammad Ali (drums) Pretty intense stuff. Must have been quite a show there in Rotterdam.
  16. Everything VG+ or better, discs played once. $50 plus $7 shipping media-CONUS only but send me a pm and we'll see if we can work something out if you're elsewhere. Paypal (friends and family) or Venmo via bank account. Post here and then pm please. Thanks for looking!
  17. Not that I expect to learn anything extra but the NYT seems especially late on an obit.
  18. Pat Martino - Live at Yoshi's (Blue Note, 2001) with Joey DeFrancesco and Jabali Billy Hart Pat was such a badass. And when I'm listening to his records -- like I am right now -- he still is. Amen to that!
  19. Casady is such a great bassist; I didn't really think about him as an instrumental soloist until I saw the Tuna live. Things definitely clicked. Tuna fans are pretty rabid, too, and it's always fun to talk to someone wearing one of their t shirts.
  20. Héctor Lavoe "Soy Vagabundo" (Fania Records) 1981 .... Héctor Lavoe in the early 80`s still a force ....
  21. The Libertines "All Quiet on the Eastern Esplanade" (EMI Records) 2024 ....
  1. Load more activity