All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks. The Bobby Hutcherson recording of "Blow Up," with Herbie on piano, is amazing.
  3. Today
  4. Seasoned "West Coast Friends" for sure 😇😎 ....
  5. Somewhere in my racks I have that one ! Have most of those Atlas West Coast sessions I think.
  6. Atlas LA27-1017 - Terry Gibbs " My Buddy" - rec. 1982 - Engineer: James Mooney
  7. Duke Ellington – Isfahan ... 1983
  8. Sheep, Dog & Wolf – Two-Minds ... 2021 Artwork by Eddie Crawshaw
  9. Charlie Haden Hank Jones "Steal Away (Spirituals, Hymns And Folk Songs)" (Verve Records) 1995 .... photography by Walker Evans ....
  10. I never did pick that one up. I guess I figured that the band picked the best of the tracks for the original release and didn't think the alternate takes would be very different. Was I wrong?
  11. Sade "Diamond Life" (Epic) 1984 .... one of the best 80`s debut albums hands down ....
  12. Sade "Promise" (Epic) 1985 .... one of the excellent early albums .... what a soulful voice ....
  13. That´s how I saw him in the late 80´s with Headhunters II (Bill Evans on sax, Wah Wah Watson on guitar, Darryl Jones on bass and Ndugu Chandler on drums if I remember rite. Wonderful show. I love everything Herbie did, saw the acoustic bands of the 70´s VSOP, then in the 80´s VSOP II (with the Marsalis Brothers), everything.....
  14. Steel Pulse „Victims“ (MCA) 1991 ….
  15. Larry Willis “Inner Crisis” Groove Merchant/Solid Records Japan cd Bass – Eddie Gomez, Roderick Gaskin Composed By, Electric Piano, Piano [Acoustic] – Larry Willis Drums – Al Foster, Warren Benbow Guitar – Roland Prince Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Harold Vick Trombone – Dave Bargeron
  16. Recorded @ Beethovensaal Hannover in December 1990 .... Pogorelich within his earlier peak ....
  17. Celeste „To Love A Man“ (Polydor Records) 2022 ….
  18. Willie Rosario "Cuidese Compay" (Top Hits) 1983 .... the golden days of Salsa were nearing its end, but Willie Rosario used his patent formula successfully once again .... btw Tony Vega and his lead vocals helped a lot in this ...
  19. Quadro Nuevo + Bigband "End Of The Rainbow" (GLM) 2012 ....
  20. Gastr Del Sol "Upgrade & Afterlife" (Drag City) 1996 ....
  21. Recorded @ Konzertsaal Siemensvilla Berlin on October 8th, 1994 .... the late Sergio Fiorentino never disappointed .... wonderful piano sound too ....
  22. Back Cover of : Booker T & The MG`S "McLemore Avenue" (STAX Records) 1970 ....
  23. Marika Hackman "We Slept At Last" (Dirty Hit) 2015 .... photography by Glen Erler ....
  24. Willem Breuker Kollektief – A Paris / Summer Music
  25. Until he picked up the keytar off a stand he sat at a grand piano at right angles to a an electric keyboard switching between the two even within solos. Though I've seen the film several times it's been a while and I wouldn't recognize the theme from Blowup.
  26. Oh this must have been wonderful. I love everything he does. Dont forget I grew up in the era of the transition from acoustic to electric jazz and so the most natural thing for me was to hear let´s say "Mayden Voyage" or all the stuff with Miles, Shorter and all those heros and on the other hand hear "Head Hunters" . It was the most natural thing. We dug it ALL and I still dig it all. I love him on all instruments, of course acoustic but all the keyboards too. That´s him, that´s music.
  1. Load more activity