All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

I love Anita's singing (a lovely person too), Abene's charts, and it's some of the best Gary Burton I know.
  3. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

It sounded like a throw-back to the 1970s, a mix of synths and voices that was going on then. It's a if Byrd's A New Perspective and McCann's Invitation to Openness had a lovechild, this it what it would sound like. However, I like those kinds of things, so I enjoyed it immensely.
  4. Nice read. Link is below. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/arts/music/billy-strayhorn-archive-library-of-congress.html?fbclid=IwAR1pw5CYLWktH6vVKXugZ7lEb-MkMF0N1CLmcg22vC8MmRftcIX6pTfvoRA
  5. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

What did you think of this recording? I didn't make it past the first tune.
  6. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

A very relaxed date in good sound, David. (Extra material is in less good sound. . . but that's extra stuff). I was in the mood for more long tall Dexter, so I'm listening to "Live at Carnegie Hall" from Dexter Gordon "Complete Columbia Albums" box set.
  7. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

Jazz in Paris, vol. 26: Jazz sur Seine de Barney Wilen
  8. Today
  9. Complete Cuban Jam Sessions

Download is very reasonably priced at 7digital.
  10. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

On that Flory album, Al Cohn's "No Thanks" has an exceptional shout chorus.
  11. NBA playoffs thread

It'll be interesting to see if the Bucks make some offensive adjusts tonight, it seems as if that 1-2-2 zone the Raptors had going gave them some trouble.
  12. Interesting.

Must be the hat.
  13. Ok, that's a good place to play!
  14. Interesting.

"Interesting" in what way?
  15. Noah Howard's "space dimension" vinyl sound?

probably, yeah. I have heard that they are legitimate but I don't know what the sources are.
  16. In back of Wild Detectives in Bishop Arts District.
  17. Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

The mono tapes of "Monk's Music" are superior to the stereo, especially if you like Wilbur Ware.
  18. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

Listening to a fellow Hoosier: How is it, Lon? That one’s on my new-releases wishlist.
  19. Franz Koglmann reissues on Black Monk

I remember that CD being terribly mastered.
  20. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

I am in a Mabern mood and hadn't listened to this in a few years. I'd love to know whatever became of Keel.
  21. The Monk Riverside set is great, and I'm happy with the sound. For the "Monk's Music" and "Monk and Mulligan" sessions, they used several mono tracks where stereo versions exist, and there is at least one out-take that they omitted. Nothing serious here, but it was a bit careless.
  1. Load more activity