All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Nelson Gonzalez "Pa' Los Treseros" (Agogo) 2001 .... still available via the "secondary market" for little money .... wholeheartedly recommended ....
  3. Nelson Gonzalez "Pa' Los Treseros" (Agogo) 2001 .... sublime son starting with vocals before gliding into excellent instrumental solo contributions ....
  4. I also compared a few tracks of that latest Fremeaux release, which is now also available on streaming services (I use Qobuz) and it does sound very nice.
  5. Inner Fold Out Cover of David Bowie "Lodger" (RCA Records) 1979 ....
  6. Sticking to the romantic era this recording finds Jorge Bolet in his forte ....
  7. Today
  8. Mickey Jupp „As The Years Go By“ (Line Records) 1991 ….
  9. Aftertaste : masses of dark red plums and a very long finish .... mhhhm ....
  10. People Like Us „Welcome Abroad“ (Illegal Art) 2011 ….
  11. Catherine Wheel „Like Cat And Dogs“ (Mercury) 1996 ….
  12. Recorded @ Rathaussaal Leipzig in January 2008 .... one of the this superb ensnsemble`s last recordings .... impeccable technique and with considerable verve ....
  13. https://themessthetics.bandcamp.com/album/the-messthetics-and-james-brandon-lewis
  14. That's less than I paid and I collected it from Café Oto!
  15. I used to look at Burning Ambulance a fair bit before it went to Substack, not sure why not since. It covered a breadth of music, not just Jazz but predominantly so. It was always very readable. I'm hoping this will be good. CT deserves that at the very least, lots to get in.
  16. Same here .... btw although having been part of many important recordings his work of body still underappreciated by some ....
  17. Saw Laubrock with Myra Melford's Fire and Water super group (also Mary Halvorson, Tomeka Reid and Leslie Mok) at Big Ears. What a great performance!
  18. Joe Newman was a solid trumpet player and I enjoyed his playing here in Viena, but soon no musician here wanted to play more gigs with him, since he was an asshole on the stand, lecturing experienced local musicains how to play as if they didn´t know how to play. Strange, other very prominent artists like Woody Shaw, Art Farmer, Benny Golson etc. never lectured the musicians on bandstand and it was everything cool, to enjoy the gig on stand..... Buster Williams is one of my very very special favourites, period. Wonderful band here.
  19. Yep .... at that time he already implemented an original bass sound similar still clearly distinctive to Scott LaFaro ....
  20. My preorder arrived yesterday. I'm about halfway through it, it's mostly easy reading, but I can tell that it was assembled/ edited by a non-musician. There's a comprehension/coherency issue that is possibly going to bewilder people who have no experience with a saxophone. Detailed discussions about technique cut away to philosophical commentary without warning, and the go right back again. Still, if you do know something about a saxophone, there is some wonderful stuff in here (especially about the potential for a mystical experience with multiphonics). And the philosophy shows a consistent and expanding thread from beginning to end. A patient reader will enjoy this, I thinks. An impatient reader...Sonny Rollins is probably not for impatient people, readers or otherwise.
  21. Terrific! Even though I’m pretty behind on actually listening to this music 🤣
  22. Sorry to hear, but glad you got to The In Groove regardless. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time here in the "Valley".
  23. A lot of America has been built horizontally, not vertically. Wide open spaces and all that. This is especially true in the American Southwest. Why monetize one acre when you can monetize 10?
  1. Load more activity