All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Today
  3. Black Saint / Soul Note Box Set Sale

Sent email. LWayne
  4. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

Right, they were paired together on a US Blue Note cd. I really like those early years of Blue Note.
  5. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

I also listened to this and a Howard McGhee sextet that also featured Kenny Drew the other night. Or the one before.
  6. ECM Press Releases for New Items

good news
  7. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

Jewel Brown: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewel_Brown Freeze the video at 46:03/04 and contemplate that magnificent visage!
  8. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

Ben Webster "Valentine's Day 1964 Live!" DOT Time cd. With David Friedman, Richard Davis and Grady Tate. Sound is okay, performance is killer.
  9. Charles Tolliver All-Stars vinyl and CD reissue

I didn't get a tracking number, a week ago I got a message that my order had been turned over to their shipping outfit. Mine arrived today, along with he Ben Webster on Dot Time.
  10. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

Astrud Gilberto "Now" 24/96 side of Dual Disc
  11. Now reading...

An enlightening, highly detailed book is Robert Gildea's "Marianne in Chains: Daily Life in the Heart of France During the German Occupation" (Metropolitan Books, 2003).
  12. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

Wow! That was great! This was the Louis Armstrong i knew as a kid. I knew nothing about him, but whenever he showed up as a guest on some TV variety show, I was glued to the screen with a huge smile on my face. Funny how the same thing happened again today. Louis is looking sharp and he sounds in good shape both instrumentally and vocally. The video and audio quality is terrific for 50 year old tape; thank you, BBC. I'd never really paid attention to Jewel Brown before. She was good. Whatever became of her?
  13. Ravi Coltrane signs with Blue Note

This album is quite good.
  14. btw, that Garner record came with an absolutely gorgeous/pristine thick-ish paper inner sleeve, one of these. I had never seen one before, never knew about them, so it's an unexpected treat!
  15. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

And at their jazziest, they're great! Now playing:
  16. Black Saint / Soul Note Box Set Sale

Agreed. I bought a couple of the listed boxes fairly recently and paid significantly more.
  17. Black Saint / Soul Note Box Set Sale

Some Great prices there. Wow.
  18. Ernie Andrews (early years)

I seem to recall one track on a Verve/Polygram/Phillips/? Harry James compilation CD that featured Ernie Andrews from his stint with that band. Perhaps it was this disc:
  19. Rendell Carr 5tet rides again

Just buy all 5 albums separately, assuming that there will be another reissue pressing. Some of them are still available from the first reissue press.
  20. ECM Press Releases for New Items

ECM is apparently issuing a late 1990s gig of the Bley/Peacock/Motian trio. Woohoo!
  21. Record Store Day 2019

I bought some used LPs at my local shop, ate free donuts and drank coffee, hung out with friends and talked about music. It was a nice time.
  1. Load more activity