All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. So it may be an easy fix. I won't mess with it just yet. I will consult with my wife, who is better on Apple computers than I. But she has been busy with her ailing mother.
  3. Today
  4. This is still available. Held it for interested party for 5 days and he backed out at last minute. Price reduced. $150 (+$13 media mail shipping for this very heavy box set). That averages to just $16.30 per record shipped! This is a great way to get an instant Ornette Coleman at a reasonable cost compared to buying individual albums. Postal insurance is optional but please add $4 extra if postal insurance desired. Payment by pay pal friends/family. Ornette Coleman: The Atlantic Years (10 LP, Atlantic/Rhino, 2018). NM/NM - everything is conservatively graded as Near Mint condition (slipcase, record sleeves, records, booklet). I bought this set brand new a few years ago, took the shrink wrap off, played each record once, and then put it on a shelf in my music room. I say NM since it is not sealed and since I played each record once, but everything is in great condition and all records are flat and centered and play perfectly. The set consists of the following 10 records, all housed in a sturdy slipcase. It also includes a very nice and large booklet with color photos: The Shape of Jazz to Come Change of the Century This is Our Music Free Jazz Ornette! Ornette on Tenor The Art of the Improvisers Twins To Whom Who Keeps A Record The Ornette Coleman Legacy (includes 6 racks available for the first time on vinyl) https://www.discogs.com/release/12092211-Ornette-Coleman-The-Atlantic-Years Pics available upon request (please provide me with an e-mail address via pm if pics desired so I can e-mail pics). I will pack this set carefully, ship it in a sturdy box, and provide a postal tracking # after shipping it. Satisfaction Guaranteed: The item is as described but if Buyer is unhappy with it for any reason, Buyer can return it to Seller within 7 days of receipt (Buyer pays return shipping cost) and Seller will provide a refund.
  5. Yes, that's correct. Messthetics are bass/drums from Fugazi plus Anthony Pirog on guitar. It's an interesting combination of progressive loud rock and jazz. Not for everybody, but I like it. Saw them at Big Ears, too. Very high energy.
  6. I haven't been paying attention. So I am surprised to see that the Knicks are the #2 seed in the East.
  7. Chrome didn't log in correctly on my Windows laptop today either. It was there, but none of my links signed in as usual. After I rebooted, everything was fine.
  8. Honestly, I haven't listened to all the disks that much. There are some tracks with a sax player that don't work well. But like any group of live tracks, some are better than others. Let's just say the original album wasn't wrong. But I like the idea of hearing complete shows, as opposed to a 'best of' from multiple shows. The most successful so far is Jimi Hendrix, "Songs For Groovy Children" (The Fillmore East Concerts). A real tour de force!
  9. This is probably the only RSD vinyl I’m purchasing. I want to have this one in vinyl; also makes the notes easier to read. I will probably order the other RSD releases that I wish to purchase in cd. If it’s sold out, then I will just get the cd.
  10. Yeah, I'm being a little unfair. I will check reviews and feedback when Freeman's book is published. I'm more likely to purchase Young...Freeman probably the library route (if available) or perhaps Kindle.
  11. There's another Creative Music Studio Improvisors Orchestra event in Kingston next Sunday 4/28 https://creativemusic.org/events/ Not quite as gaudy a lineup as the last one (3/31), but I enjoyed that one so much that I'm going on the 28th.
  12. Intending to be there. And just announced today: Joe McPhee also at the Lace Mill (Kingston) 5/19. Music and spoken word w. McPhee, Fred Lonborg-Holm and Michael Bisio.
  13. Yesterday
  14. Or download Chrome again, then log into your account. Seems easy.
  15. I love Helen Folasade Adu. What a beautiful person and what a voice. . . with that special Nigerian sonority within as well. I have a hard time listening to her now as her music was the soundtrack to the euphoric five years I had with the "one that got away."
  16. I've pre-ordered the cd set--I really enjoy Everett Barksdale's playing and this should be great.
  17. Art Tatum: Jewels in the Treasure Box: The 1953 Chicago Blue Note Jazz Club Recordings. https://resonancerecords.org/product/art-tatum-jewels-in-the-treasure-box-cd/ I completely missed the release announcement (the LP is coming out on RSD, and the CD is due next week), but I am very excited about it. The fact that it was recorded live at the Blue Note Club in Chicago implies that it has the exact origin as the recently unearthed recordings of Jeri Southern or Lennie Tristano from Uptown Jazz some years ago, and the sound quality seemed fine when I listened to the samples on Bandcamp. I also liked the atmosphere of the audience at the club, who were in high spirits after witnessing a little miracle. I know there are those who have different opinions, but I personally prefer Art Tatum's group playing to his solo piano playing (piano solos are of course great, but gradually getting tiring) and I prefer the live recordings to the studio recordings. This edition of the Art Tatum Trio with Slam Stewart on bass and Everett Barksdale on guitar is possibly the best unit Tatum ever had. I already have many Art Tatum sources, but still an excellent addition.
  18. f you're signed in to your Google account and have sync enabled, your bookmarks are safely stored in the cloud. These bookmarks can then be easily restored simply by logging back into your Google account on a reinstalled Chrome browser.Feb 25, 2024
  19. Indeed, and in a few casees longer versions of tracks. Argo LPs were short, so the Mosaic was a bargain in comparison.
  20. Various – On Broadway: Covers Of Invention ... 2013
  21. I don't think they will be in any way similar. Whenever Ben's lands, it will be definitive. There can (and should) be more than one biography out on Mr. Taylor. Also, as a writer, I know I have put some dumb shit in print (& not only on this board!) and it will follow me to my grave. The problem -- and not to pile on any one individual -- is when a reputation gets built on reactionary statements/tomes.
  22. A lot of the Hep records catalog is available on Qobuz. You can purchase the albums for download only. You can also sample the tracks. Unfortunately they probably don't include the liner notes. Here's a link (in French) https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/label/hep-records/download-streaming-albums/145563
  23. Well, if the writer wants to revise, a computer is the way to go, though using a typewriter would be much more percussive!
  1. Load more activity