All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past Hour
  2. Percy France Discography Help

Thanks Mike I kind of figured that would probably be the info listed as that is what the youtube poster listed.
  3. Today
  4. So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

Fulfilling reacquaintance ....
  5. Duke Ellington at the White House.

Nixon used to blab about the aliens a lot, the only reason he was read into stuff was beacuse he was in the Eisenhower admn but even through his presidental years he never kept the lid shut. In fact, the singlemost credible civillian confirmation of aliens was when Nixon bought Jackie Gleason to see, which changed his life forever. Thats right- the great one happens to be one of, if not the only non-contract worker civilians in history, ever to have this experience, which took place at an AFB in florida. this is fact
  6. I'm a big fan of those Family albums and a few of the others on that list. This makes me think I should head over to Spotify to check out the names I don't know. Always an education, John
  7. John Coltrane - 1963: New Directions (3 CDs)

What I meant was, I think I have pretty much everything from the "1963 New Directions" set except the Newport stuff. So I looked up the Impulse album (which also includes 1965) and it was only about $10, so I ordered it ASAP!
  8. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

The unbeatable Smetana Quartet in full force ....
  9. New DONATE button

Thank you everyone. It was a stressful last two weeks. Long story short, my dear departed father had a serious hang-up when it came to doctors and dentists and as such I never went to the dentist until I was 28 years old. I had a root canal done, which wasn't so bad considering I'd never been in my life. My teeth were pretty good. But then the dentist decided he wouldn't take our insurance anymore and never put a crown on it. Then we lost our insurance before I found another dentist. That was over 12 years ago. The tooth now needs to come out; it's half gone anyway. Pieces have been breaking off for years. It's going to be $600 to pull it. On Wednesday they treated me for gum disease, which thankfully isn't too advanced but that was $1800 out of pocket. We have insurance now through Medicaid but it covers the very bare minimum and my teeth need more than the basics. Once the tooth is pulled I have to decide whether to live with a big hole in my smile or get an implant. The implant will be between $3k and $4k depending on the work they need to do. YAY! So yeah... I've been stressing about the board funds. You guys took a weight off my shoulders. Thank you.
  10. Interesting Bill Evans interview

Thanks for posting that. From that interview we can assume that Miles left Bill's name off as composer (or in the second case, co-composer) of two songs on Kind of Blue: As composer of "Blue in Green", and as co-composer of "Flamenco Sketches". It's also interesting to hear Bill's opinion for the first time of Miles' music 'meant to reach a larger audience'. I think it's not a stretch to say that he didn't think too highly of it...
  11. What Classical Music Are You Listening To?

Earlier .... : Masterful Schubert insights by Valery Afanassiev ....
  12. Without a doubt. I misinterpreted the word ‘rectify’. I thought BFrank said he did not have the Newport ‘63 record but did have the My Favorite Things at Newport release.... English is not my first language 😵
  13. Interesting Bill Evans interview

Thanks for posting this.
  14. Duke Ellington at the White House.

Fwiw, I don’t think the all star tribute is that good 🤷‍♂️
  15. Herbie Mann Plays (Bethlehem), and Duke Ellington and Johnny Hodges Play the Blues Back to Back (Verve)
  16. Interesting Bill Evans interview

about "Kind of Blue" and Miles, and at the end there is a two-part Lester Bowie interview about Miles. https://allan-chase.com/2019/05/09/bill-evans-on-miles-davis-and-kind-of-blue/
  17. Jimmy Giuffre 3-Live in Graz 1961

Unfortunately, it does not include either of the two books that came with the CD box.
  1. Load more activity