All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Reminds me of walking into Euclid Records (STL) about 20 years ago —and among the CD’s they had sorta ‘on display’ up front was a David Murray disc with a thought-bubble post-it attached to it that said “This week’s new David Murray release!”. I recall audibly LOL-ing.
  3. yes! heard some of this out in LA in 2023 at the Milford exhibition and it is fantastic. so we'll have Brötzmann/Parker/Graves, Graves/Glover/Doyle, and Gayle/Parker/Graves. I hope Graves/Tanaka/Bailey comes soon.
  4. More BRAHMS: Brahms' first orchestral work is wonderfully assured for someone who's just dipping his toe in the pool. Down a silly rabbit hole: The image on this album cover should feature the young, virile, clean-shaven Brahms -- not the weary, old, big-bearded sage. For example: An image like this one is much more accurate timeline-wise. Sorry not sorry for the pedantry!
  5. Today
  6. Definitely.... yessss!!! I have all the individual CDs that make up most of the boxed set. To be savored in small doses.
  7. I was thinking of posting this one, but figured that someone else would eventually get to it. 👍
  8. Just listened to this one for the first time. Excellent record. Good rich sound to it.
  9. I know that Judge is struggling (and I now see Rizzo is too) but I did not anticipate seeing that the Red Sox have just barely outscored the Yankees to date.
  10. I saw him with Luke and Ronnie Burrage in 2020 (lockdown Vision Festival -- masks on, few people 10+ feet apart) and it was phenomenal. I'd previously seen him with the Ethnic Heritage Ensemble and that was excellent also. Though I haven't heard all of them, I can't think of a David Murray album I've listened to that I haven't liked, so there's that.
  11. Lou Courtney "I`m In Need Of Love" (Epic Records) 1974 ....
  12. Now on my turntable: Brahms: Four Serious Songs and other vocal works / Janet Baker, André Previn, and others (Angel, 1978)
  13. Don Cherry Trio – Studio 105, Paris 1967 ... 2018 Don Cherry (cnt, bamboo fl, gong), Karl Berger (vib, marimba, p, perc), Jacques Thollot (bells, timb, dr)
  14. Now playing - Wretches & Jabberers (Soundtrack) I picked this Americana/folk/rock/country collection mainly because it was getting rave reviews as a sort of audiophile LP. I ended up enjoying the music more than I thought and I always think I should play it more when I finally do get around to it. 1. The Reasons Why J. Ralph 2. Change Is Gonna Come Norah Jones 3. The Letter Carly Simon 4. More Like You Ben Harper 5. Killingly Hard Antony & J. Ralph 6. Flower and The Lion Vashti Bunyan 7. Given to Us Ben Taylor 8. Breaking the Hold Bob Weir 9. Lying Down Statues Devendra Barnhart & J. Ralph 10. Birdsong Judy Judy Collins 11. Low Barefoot Tolerance Stephen Stills 12. One Whole Hour Scarlett Johannson 13. No Regard Vincent Gallo 14. Four Brave Souls David Garza 15. Breakers & The Wind Bonnie Bramlett 16. Pretty Words Lie Nic Jones 17. Fighters & Factitioners Martin Carthy 18. Hello For The First Time (Four Words) Paul Brady 19. Entenderse Lila Downs 20. Birdsong Reprise Leah Siegel
  15. Is this the one you are talking about? Under Henry Grimes's name? https://ayler-records.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-the-kerava-jazz-festival
  1. Load more activity