All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Trane at the Vanguard, Miles at the Cellar Door, Jimi's Groovy Children, and I must be forgetting something else.
  3. It depends 😇 ... Various – 28 Canciones Y Bailes Populares De Alemania ... Chile 1965
  4. Feels like winter out there! But our dogwood snapped into bloom, and I heard an owl either greeting me or telling me to “Git” and that was really cool. Starting off the day with: Tom Harrell “Prana Dance” High Note cd A great studio release by this musician who I am appreciating more and more. Hope his health is improving (I’ve heard he canceled a few shows lately for health reasons).
  5. Today
  6. This relatively recent AA release (5LP/4CD) should certainly be up there
  7. [Y707]Add Lee Young Lee And Lester Young's Band : Red "Mack" Morris (tp) Bumps Myers (ts) Lester Young (ts,vcl) Jimmy Rowles (p) Louis Gonzales (g) Red Callender (b) Lee Young (d) prob."Club Capri", Hollywood, CA, prob c. February-July 1942 (Just a) Little bit south of North Carolina Prez Box (It)45/A, JUTB (It)CD-3019 [CD], Masters of Jazz (F)MJCD47 [CD], Sound Hills (Jap)SSCD-8035/50 [CD] Note: The above is a private recording. I have the recording (Prez Box, Vol. 1) - absolutely abysmal SQ but the tenor definitely sounds like Lester
  8. https://flwrevivalinitiative.org/frank-lloyd-wright-demolished-buildings/ ...
  9. Whatever happened to Feldman's gig with Blue Note? What came out of that: 1) Lee Morgan Lighthouse 2) Blakey Just Coolin' 3) Blakey in Tokyo Anything else? I could use some more Lee Morgan since that seemed to be his focus per the above list. It would be great if he could rescue the Grant Green/John Patton and the Duke Pearson Big Band Left Bank tapes from wherever Sunnenblick at Uptown was hiding them, but I have pretty much given up.
  10. Another big Airplane fan here, especially Jack Casady.
  11. Eigentlich "says it all" für Deutschsprachige 😇😎 ....
  12. Yes - she was (not sure if it is still going). In fact I saw her mc-ing there on a few of my visits to that venue when located at Helms Ave and even doing a vocal, although can't remember who with. She is interviewed in the booklet.
  13. Orig. Ennstaler Spitzbuam Und Pepi Hirt – Ein Prosit ... Austria s.d.
  14. An excellent and reliable vocal ensemble ....
  15. I was reading "Unfinished Business" The Life and Times of Danny Gatton, and I just found out that Jorma and Jack Cassidy both came from Washington DC, and Jack used to play jazz with Danny and his pianist Dick Heintze aboard some steamboat gig they had sailing across the Potomac in a band they formed called The Soul Mates in 1966. They got a kick out of the black tape that Jack used to put on his sunglasses(!). Jack also used to play with a band they played in called the Offbeats in 1962. After the gig in 1966, Jack and Jorma decided to take off for the West Coast, and Jack wanted Danny and Dick to go with them, but they felt they decided they were too young to leave DC, and six months later they found out that jack and Jorma played on a hit record called "Somebody To Love"!
  16. White Sox 2024 Record 3-21, worst 24-game start in White Sox history (beating out 1948, at 4-19-1), tied with three teams for second-worst in MLB history White Sox 2024 Run Differential -82, tied for seventh-worst 24-game start in MLB history White Sox 2024 Season Record Pace 20-142 (.125) Race to the Worst-Ever White Sox Record (1932, 52-109-1*) 32 1⁄2 games ahead Race to the Most-Ever White Sox Losses (1970, 106) 36 games ahead Race to the Worst-Ever American League Record (1916 A’s, 38-124*) 18 games ahead Race to the Worst-Ever MLB Record (1899 Spiders, 21-141*) 1 game ahead *record adjusted to a 162-game season That from the South Side Sox SBN site.
  17. This was from the NYC Winter Jazzfest in 2019 dueling it out with JD Allen
  18. Thanks Jim for sharing it with us. I remember them so well, they were a huge success and I think I even remember having seen that on TV back then. The moderator is our great TV multi talent the great Peter Rapp, who still is doing very well. Those were the days ! And of course I had heard the LP with Peterson "In Tune". Those TV shows were just wonderful, we had much jazz there. I think it was a wonderful time, I´m a product of that time with all that music around..... Brings a lotta memories back.....
  19. Audio, mental, and musical whiplash! Stay tuned to the end - Dick talks to the group and the kids sing live!!!
  20. DJ Thunderhole - Ploppin'!!! Sloppin'!!! NON-STOP BOPPIN'!!!
  21. Who actually owns Elemental Records?
  1. Load more activity