CDs you intend to buy very soon

mikeweil

Well, actually "Ra-Ra" is what she has called me since she started talking...

But that will be next on my "things to show Jennifer" list.

^_^

Rachel,

Did that adorable little girl start calling you Ra-Ra when you were dressed in the spacesuit, playing piano and fronting the Arkestra? Inquiring minds want to know... :w:w

I cannot buy any more music.  Period.  If it takes staying away from this board to enforce that, well, I may have to disappear for a while.

Yeah, I'll believe THAT when I see it, Dr. Funkenstein!. :lol::g

Just kiddin' Mark, it's not a dare or anything. ;)

Edited by Jim R

Sundog,

For S&D check out the Rhino dbl Sweat & Soul, it's w/in a couple of tracks of perfect. And while we're discussing Sam Moore and David Prater, was there ever an act that was as big for as short a time? ("Hold On" to "Thank You" is about 2 years...)

Back on topic, Borders is having a buy 3, get the next one free sale so I'll have to think about what I want...

Nothing.

I just placed a big order with Atavistic the other day, and ordered the two VeeJay Mosaics yesterday. I cannot buy any more music. Period. If it takes staying away from this board to enforce that, well, I may have to disappear for a while. Beats divorce...

I'm right there with you. I haven't bought any music in about two weeks now and I intend to stay on the wagon until at least June. I'm trying to take some time and really delve into the wealth of music I have picked up over the last year or so (and further back...)

That being said, I'm still adding to my list of discs I would like to buy. Just not bought anytime soon.

I want to save up and buy the AEC Box from Chuck Nessa. Might take me a while though, but that will force me to listen to all the unopened cds I have laying around. Darn "Funny Rat" has turned my buying habits upside down.

It'll be worth saving for. And I know what you mean about that funny rat thread; maybe I should at least stop buying until I can pronounce the names of some of these artists that have managed to wiggle onto my shelves. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of these guys are even European! :angry:;)

Tempted by the 8 CD Bill Evans live box 'Consecration' which I saw used for around $58. This seems like a good price, especially as it is the Japanese K2 20 bit version. Anyone have any thoughts on this box? I really like his playing at slower tempos and I heard there was a lot of more uptempo material on this box.

It'll be worth saving for. And I know what you mean about that funny rat thread; maybe I should at least stop buying until I can pronounce the names of some of these artists that have managed to wiggle onto my shelves. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of these guys are even European! :angry:;)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :o

Jackie McLean - Right Now

and I want to find this one:

c64326gf126.jpg

Pete La Roca/Simms is definitely one of those guys I wish recorded more as a leader ... I've got his "Swingtime" and "Turkish Women at the Bath," and they're both excellent.

Does any know the story behind him changing his name? I understand it was to capitalize on the Latin jazz thing, but why him? I mean, I don't know of anyone else in jazz who did this ... of course, my not knowing something about jazz is often par for the course. :D

Edited by Chrome

I cannot buy any more music.  Period.  If it takes staying away from this board to enforce that, well, I may have to disappear for a while.

Yeah, I'll believe THAT when I see it, Dr. Funkenstein!. :lol::g

Just kiddin' Mark, it's not a dare or anything. ;)

The very nerve! I haven't been this insulted since Tuesday!! Jim, I was so offended by your comment, that I stayed away from this board completely the whole time I was off line! That'll show you... ;)

Headed to Tower tomorrow to pick up Sonny Clark's "Trio" and "Standards" plus Art Farmer's two albums on Concord. More food for the credit card.

Is that the Sonny Clark Trio record originally on Bainbridge/Time (highly recommended!) or the Blue Note (less-heartily recommended)?

Headed to Tower tomorrow to pick up Sonny Clark's "Trio" and "Standards" plus Art Farmer's two albums on Concord. More food for the credit card.

Is that the Sonny Clark Trio record originally on Bainbridge/Time (highly recommended!) or the Blue Note (less-heartily recommended)?

No it's the RVG, not the one with the eerie album cover. I really like the Blue Note album, but then again I'm a bit of a Sonny Clark fan, so it's all good.

Up next I'm gonna buy that piece of $#@% Sharon Jones album mentioned over in Recommendations along with Diz's #$%#$%@ "AFRO" and maybe some of those @#%$ Connoisseur Larry Young titles. AAAAUGH! :rmad:

(Can you tell I'm on a self-imposed moratorium right now?)