CDs you intend to buy very soon

mikeweil

What are the next 3 to 5 CDs you seriously intend to buy within the next 4 weeks? Mine are:

Jazz:

James Carter, Layin' In The Cut

Latin Jazz Quintet, The Chant on Japanese Prestige (if I can get it, amazon Germany just cancelled the order)

Classics:

Bach, English Suites, played by Christophe Rousset

Froberger, Unknown Harpsichord works Vol. 2, played by Siegbert Rampe

last space is reserved for something unexpected crossing my path ... :g

As I just posted on the Fantasy May 11 reissues thread:

Phil Upchurch - FEELING BLUE

Red Garland - RED ALONE

I'm also looking to pick up some long-neglected Barney Kessel titles, and possibly some Tal Farlow Concords (hoping for some of these to find me when I go through the local used bins).

I also see that Farlow Mosaic looming on the horizon. I probably already have 95 (?) percent of the music, but I'll have to buy it anyway.

The one I'm really looking forward to is the new Django Bates "You Live and Learn...Apparently" due in late June. Having seen Bates and Human Chain do this twice so far this year I'm keen to hear the songs on disc.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the first batch of 60s UK reissues coming in the wake of Impressed II.

Maybe some Fred Hersch. That album with Greg Tardy (is it +2?) sounds interesting.

Keep meaning to get some Ellery Eskelin and the latest Rava on ECM.

Edited because I didn't read the post correctly :rolleyes:

Edited by tonym

Nothing.

I just placed a big order with Atavistic the other day, and ordered the two VeeJay Mosaics yesterday. I cannot buy any more music. Period. If it takes staying away from this board to enforce that, well, I may have to disappear for a while. Beats divorce...

I intend to get in the next couple of days some of the new Fantasy reissues:

Red Alone

Lee Konitz Peacemeal

James Moody

Phil Upchurch Feeling Blue

Then in two weeks, Fantasy is putting out a bunch of twofers that I won't be able to pass up, including

Junior Mance

Shirley Scott

Harold Mabern

Johnny Hammond Smith

Done and done

It's been a rough week... I need to do some comfort buying.

Congrats, Rachel. I hope you enjoy the Johnson and Jones Mosaics.

I have a three day weekend, next weekend, starting on 5/21/04. I'm going to submit my order to Mosaic next Tuesday evening. The timing of my order should place the Mosaics on my doorstep on the afternoon of 5/21/04. I'll be enjoying the new Mosaics all weekend. Reading, listening, and appreciating. Maybe I'll get the most recent couple of Selects too. B)

Edited by wesbed

I'm changing jobs so I'm off next week. So it will be just be me, Elvin, JJ and a bunch of annuals that need to be put in the ground. Actually, avatar Jennifer might come visit, so it will be time to introduce her to the serious stuff.

Heaven.

Edited by rachel

Actually, avatar Jennifer might come visit, so it will be time to introduce her to the serious stuff.

Heaven.

show her rachel! :tup

I mean she's cute, but she could be much more than just that :wub:

take care of her will you.

Well, I feel it my duty to dispel the myth that women only buy shoes and not music. It's a vast undertaking, but I think I can rise to the challenge. With my Visa card I remain committed to the cause....

and with that, Jennifer would add a hearty "you go Ra-Ra!"

:P