Houston Person @ The Jazz Showcase

Houston Person is currently playing at the Jazz Showcase through Sunday. I saw his show the last time he played there about a year ago. He still seems to sound pretty good....any fans out there??? I'll make the Sunday show, anyone else....Sal???

Mark

I saw Houston a month ago at Binghamton University, played with the Harpur Jazz Ensemble, and with the faculty at mid-day. It was a good show, met him after the mid day gig, he autographed a Joey D. CD, and he also gave me one of his organ dates recorded for Savant. Expect to hear a lot of standards, with improvisations always with the melody at the center.

Hey Mark - sorry I haven't responded to your e-mail.....between work, interviews, planing my cousin's bachelor party, and the death of my friend's father, I've been really, really busy. I won't be making the Houston Person show, probably won't get out to the Showcase until Denny Zietlin's trio comes through. After that, I'll be there for Steve Turre, Dewey Redman, and Eric Alexander with Harold Mabern. I'll e-mail you this weekend.

Sal,

It may be a while before I run into you. I'll be at the Showcase for Person and Phil Woods then probably not back until after Turre. I'm doing my thing at the Indy Jazz Fest the same weekend as Turre but have seen him a few times and he's great. Hang in there, things will smooth out at some point (I think ^_^:wacko: )

Mark