HELP! My Avatar is stuck!

Try as I might, I cannot seem to get my current avatar to go away. I can get rid of it by using the remove avatar command, but when I try to load a new one, the old one reappears. The new one I am trying to upload is 32K and well within the parameters allowed. I can upload one of the avatars from the bank offered by the list, but not my own. Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? .. I know it is me ... :wacko:

garth, you seem to have set the size of your avatar to 50x100, makes you & elvin look a bit thin. You'll need to set it to 100x100, or set it to default.

Thanks Couw.. but DUMB QUESTION #547.... How do I reset the size of the avatar ... ? On my scan, or is there some setting on this board?

I am at least pleased to see that my new avatar is showing up in some form ... that was not what I originally wanted to use, but I tried various other scans I had on my destop ... However, I do not see the new scan, the original (now narrowed) is still showing up on my screen.... weird!

Edited by garthsj

reload the pic, it should help. All looks okay here now.

there is a setting on this board; the default is 100x100 px. everything larger or smaller is forced to 100x100. You can manually set the size if you have a pic that is not a precise square.

there is a setting on this board; the default is 100x100 px. everything larger or smaller is forced to 100x100. You can manually set the size if you have a pic that is not a precise square.

Thanks again .. but what avatar are you seeing? I am still getting that some dumb one of the Swedes circa 1961.... it should be DeFranco..

I am sure that you have better things to do ... :(

Edited by garthsj

Thanks again .. but what avatar are you seeing? I am still getting that some dumb one of the Swedes circa 1961.... it should be DeFranco..

I am sure that you have better things to do ... :(

it WAS DeFranco before you started this thread I remember. Now I see Elvin and Garth(?) :wacko:

All is solved .... Well, it is now a gif! Thanks to Couw for a great swinging version of Buddy ... What a list this is ...

Now .... I have this strange sound coming out of my refrigerator, and my toaster .... aaaah! forget it ....

I am now a happy cat .....

Edited by garthsj

Garth, great avatar. Love it. did couw help you with the animation?

BTW, I had the same problem. I changed it at home but when I looked at work it was the old avatar. Very strange. Eventually the one at work matched the one at home.

Garth, great avatar. Love it. did couw help you with the animation?

BTW, I had the same problem. I changed it at home but when I looked at work it was the old avatar. Very strange. Eventually the one at work matched the one at home.

Thank you Brad. Yes.. Couw helped me solve my problem by simply suggesting that I clean up my cache, as did b3-er. He was also kind enough to give Buddy the groove he so well deserves ... He also resisted the temptation to have Buddy fall off his precarious position on that chair..

It is interesting that that picture was taken in the early 1950s; except for his hair being grayer, Buddy still looks much the same ... shades of Dorian Gray!

when using Internet Explorer, click < extras > < internet options >

a menu pops up with options to change your homepage setting and two further categories. The temporary internet files have your cookies and your cache, click the < delete files > button (the one in the middle) to clean your cache. The lower category lets you clean your history.

(I translated the names of the buttons and the menus from German, hope I'm close)