• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Howlin' Wolf: Moanin' in the Moonlight (Chess/P-Vine Japan)

What an awesome LP. One of the all-time great blues albums.

Gene Shaw 'Carnival Sketches' (Argo, mono, sand-colored label)

This is one of the reasons I love this thread. I haven't listened to this one in a long time, and now I'm reminded to get it out. I got it because a friend pointed this out at a garage sale a long time ago and said I should buy it ($2).

Horace Silver - Song For My Father - MusicMatter 45rpm reissue.

Whatever one thinks about the whole vinyl reissue's thing, this is by far the best sounding I have, definitely better then my NY stereo, 'ear' original pressing, that I payed more then 50 bucks some years ago.

BTW I'll keep both so don't ask...

Whatever one thinks about the whole vinyl reissue's thing, this is by far the best sounding I have, definitely better then my NY stereo, 'ear' original pressing, that I payed more then 50 bucks some years ago.

Mine's in the mail. :)

I'm looking forward to comparing with the NY USA mono.

If you like those, you might look for the two 2-CD sets on Tampa Red that Bluebird issued many years ago in a blues reissue series that they gave up on far too soon. I only wish that Tampa Red would have left the kazoo at home. There's a great Tommy McClennan 2-cd set in that series as well.

Tampa Red - Guitar Wizard (RCA Bluebird) A 1975 double LP, not the Columbia "Blues and Roots" CD.

Mine's in the mail. :)

I'm looking forward to comparing with the NY USA mono.

Let me know.

BTW as far I love originals, I hate to admit that a reissue can sound better. :rhappy:

Though I'll never admit that a cd could sound better then a vinyl, nor under torture, I can say my name, rank and catalog number, no more, according to the Geneva Convention.

Let me know.

BTW as far I love originals, I hate to admit that a reissue can sound better. :rhappy:

Though I'll never admit that a cd could sound better then a vinyl, nor under torture, I can say my name, rank and catalog number, no more, according to the Geneva Convention.

Will do !

Music Matters 45rpms are banned from my place at the moment though as I have injured a leg and can hardly walk. CDs rule !

:g

Edited by sidewinder