What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Yeah, it sounds especially nice on the German pressing - I had the US pressing for years, which didn't sound nearly as nice. Beautiful music, naturally.

I love Marion Brown. I was listening to this recently. Uncategorizable, deeply imagined, and totally cool:

brown_sweet.jpgDiscogs says there was a Japanese CD issue, but I've never seen it. It really should be reissued. In fact, maybe someone could do a Marion Brown box set (Mosaic? )

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, it sounds especially nice on the German pressing - I had the US pressing for years, which didn't sound nearly as nice. Beautiful music, naturally.

I love Marion Brown. I was listening to this recently. Uncategorizable, deeply imagined, and totally cool:

brown_sweet.jpgDiscogs says there was a Japanese CD issue, but I've never seen it. It really should be reissued. In fact, maybe someone could do a Marion Brown box set (Mosaic? )

Oh yes, great record. A Mosaic? Now that is an idea

Coninuing my 60s beat odyssey:

The Spencer Davis Group - The Second Album.

This I am enjoying. Certainly a much more convincing outfit thatn the Stones.

Sorry, really have to disagree with you on your Stones comment, even though I have liked Spencer Davis and, more particularly, Stevie Winwood from the start. The Stones have always had a hard-core of consistency and coherence. I have never doubted that they are entirely convincing in what they did (and, although much diminished, still do). As a teen in the 60s, there was no group more convincing to me and my cohort, than The Stones. It seems to me they were and are the template for hard-core rock and roll.

Dennis Gonzalez/Faruq Z. Bey - Hymn for Tomasz Stanko - (Qbico)

Often wondered about that one. Big fan of both Stanko and Gonzalez but ignorant of Faruq Z. Bey

It's a very nice "modal" melodic/free record. Nothing that will shatter your brain but then again, that's not Gonzalez' usual m.o.

thanks Clifford. Sometimes I can live without the brain-shattering so may well investigate further