What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Scored an unplayed "Heavyweight Champion" vinyl set for a great price. Listening to "Coltrane's Sound" right now.

Well I'm officially jealous! I have it on cd and there are times when I wish I had plumped for the vinyl box instead. I ran across a used set a while back also at a decent price but then I felt guilty about buying it since I already had the music. I do that with single albums sometimes but a box set, not very often. I'm in the middle of planning a trip to Scotland in the fall so overspending in the music dept.

is not prudent for me at this time.

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am reckless with my funds. I somehow manage to just make it all work, as if this were some sort of Roger Zelazny "Amber" that I can shape to my liking. I'm amazed that I haven't fallen flat on my face. :)

But I actually have been showing restraint, remarkable for me but understandable with this big move, but couldn't pass up this one. Like you I'm really grooving to vinyl and I have had an eye on this set and am glad to cross it off the list. Hope you can snag a copy soon!

Thelonious Monk ~ The Man I Love
Black Lion
TheloniuosMonkTheManILove.jpg
Al McKibbon, bass; Art Blakey, drums
My favorite store "Revolver Records" in Phoenix opened a new location near me. Prices are excellent. Picked this up for 3.99 in very good condition.

I think that session was recorded at the old Chappell Music on New Bond Street, London. Small studio - on the upper floor of a larger music/music instrument store. When I popped in years ago and saw how inocuous it was it left me gob-smacked that the great Monk had actually recorded there.

Edited by sidewinder

Black Lion

My favorite store "Revolver Records" in Phoenix opened a new location near me. Prices are excellent. Picked this up for 3.99 in very good condition.

I think that session was recorded at the old Chappell Music on New Bond Street, London. Small studio - on the upper floor of a larger music/music instrument store. When I popped in years ago and saw how inocuous it was it left me gob-smacked that the great Monk had actually recorded there.

Chapell Music alright. November '71. That would have been cool to have been there! The lp sounds really good.

Black Lion

Chapell Music alright. November '71. That would have been cool to have been there! The lp sounds really good.

Chappells was one of the three shops I used to buy stuff from in 1961/2, when I worked around the corner by Berkeley Square.

Today, two not quite live albums, both partly live, partly studio

john-coltrane-live-at-birdland-1521410.j

John Coltrane - Live at Birdland - Impulse (Jasmine)

Slim & the Supreme Angels - More than alive - Nashboro (no usable image on web)

Then

!BUpKmQQBmk~$(KGrHgoH-CEEjlLl0us,BKOkYW2

Les McCann & Gerald Wilson - McCann/Wilson - Pacific Jazz (Fontana UK with REALLY naff cover art!)

$(KGrHqVHJDkE63ZdB++JBO6Psb0-Zw~~60_35.J

Pilgrim Travelers - Shake my mother's hand - Specialty

willis-jackson-west-africa.jpg

Willis Jackson - West Africa - Muse (one of the least naff covers ever!)

MG