• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some final weirdness before bed:

Live%20Electronic%20Music%20Improvised%2

MEV/AMM: Live Electronic Music Improvised (Mainstream). If you're following along at home, be aware that "Most, if not all, copies of this record have the labels switched." I figured that out on my first spin of this years ago.

I thought since this was a Mainstream release prices on it might be reasonable but uh, nope!

Hi Clifford..I have that "wave train" double lp too and yes it is great. One of the better titles on the Alga Marghen label for sure. What I love about that Sonic Arts Union album is just how amazingly contemporary/experimental it STILL sounds to this day. Really startling music on it..just brilliant. Thanks for the tip on the book..hope it gets published soon.

Tonight's listening is on a Japanese kick:

Terumasa Hino meets Reggie Workman "A Part" (finally recently found this monster that compliments the "love nature" and "peace and love" albums I already have... "journey to air" is another great Hino monster but a different band)

Kohsuke Mine "daguri" (RCA victor), "solid" (east wind)

Magical Power Mako "s/t" (polydor Japan)

Don Cherry "blue lake" (BYG Japan)

Sadao Watanabe "s/t" (Sony Japan with masayaki takayanagi on guitar!), "Iberian waltz" (takt Japan with Charlie Mariano)

9008121.jpg

Orchestra U.S.A. - Sonorities (Columbia mono). Guess I'm in third stream mood. I don't much like the Jimmy Giuffre piece from the last album, but I love his weird little "Hex" on this one. And Richard Davis is brilliant on Hall Overton's "Sonorities for Orchestra."

After an hour spent looking for the battery for my hedge trimmer , I'm forced to sit down and listen to another purchase from yesterday. I had a bit of a bonanza getting 16 LPs from a stall holder at a local fair. A mix of ECMs, BNs,. I could have bought dozens as the guy just had so much stuff but I was disciplined :)

Helen Merrill- "The feeling is mutual"- (Milestone) 9003 stereo,

helen-merrill-the-feeling-is-mutual-2012

.... great voice and fine performances from all concerned. Mint vinyl sounds a little rough listening over headphones. More consistent than the album with Brownie which IIRC had some dross included ( although overall it is excellent)

Edited by Clunky