Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jon Arnet

Jan Arnet? Nice lineup - would like to hear that obcurity.

The back cover reads "Jon," but yes, it's obviously Jan Arnett. Should have caught that.

I don't know how scarce that Catalyst album is. I found it in an Atlanta used record store for ten bucks or something like that.

Edited by jeffcrom

Jazz_Messengers_%2770.jpg

Art Blakey - Jazz Messengers '70 (Catalyst)

i have this one, ill never figure it out how a jazz megaforce like blakey ends up at the end of the decade having his lps released on.....Catalyst?!? why didnt he leave blue note for a soild deal. after blue note hes on a million labels....

What I remember during the 1970s (at least from the perspective of Europe) is that his new releases were totally low profile until 'Gypsy Folk Tales' came along on Pye/Roulette towards the end of the decade.

hill_buck~~_thisisbuc_101b.jpg

Buck Hill Quartet: This Is Buck Hill (Steeplechase)

On this recording, Buck Hill plays like a man who's thrilled to have a first record date under his own name - which this was - and like a man who wonders if there will be other record dates in the future - there were. I'm glad that he played with that kind of happiness and urgency.

Double 7 with Winifred Atwell. Rags til Hell wouldn't have them on side 1 and Boogie Woodies til the cows come home on side 2.

Winifred owns her piano!!!

Goodness!

I do remember her as having twelve fingers on each of her nine hands. She always seemed too nice on TV in the late fifties. When is this stuff from, Patricia?

MG

Double 7 with Winifred Atwell. Rags til Hell wouldn't have them on side 1 and Boogie Woodies til the cows come home on side 2.

Winifred owns her piano!!!

Goodness!

I do remember her as having twelve fingers on each of her nine hands. She always seemed too nice on TV in the late fifties. When is this stuff from, Patricia?

MG

I'm looking at the soft-cover, [London label] in surprisingly good shape and judging by the clothes she's wearing and the liner notes, I would say mid-1950s.