What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Steve Lacy "the wire" (denon, Japan) listening to this while thinking about a friend who is going through a difficult time...and I'm also reminded of what great losses in the passings of Mr.Lacy and Masahiko Togashi.

I'd love to hear this one. I sampled the title composition on YouTube and it's so unlike Lacy's regular 70s group. Very interesting indeed.

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

degaetani-kalish-ives-songs.jpg

Or so it says. I think there was a mistake at the factory and it's really a Ran Blake record.

HA, that's funny! I was scrolling through this thread very quickly (hoping to find Chuck's follow-up to his "yes" regarding thoughts about Bennie Wallace) ... and when this cover appeared, I immediately thought: "Oh, a Ran Blake album!" ... never saw the cover before, needless to say :)

Steve Lacy "the wire" (denon, Japan) listening to this while thinking about a friend who is going through a difficult time...and I'm also reminded of what great losses in the passings of Mr.Lacy and Masahiko Togashi.

I'd love to hear this one. I sampled the title composition on YouTube and it's so unlike Lacy's regular 70s group. Very interesting indeed.

Great LP and rare as they come. And hey, someone named a magazine after it.

Charlie Shoemake "Plays The Music of David Raksin" on Discovery Records

Never knew this existed, which is kind of strange considering I thought I was going to be doing the first jazz album of DR's music.

Found it on Discog for $4.99. Good playing by CS, Peter Sprague, Mike Wofford and Ted Nash.

Amazing to see what you've got, Jeff :)

Had a lovely afternoon playing elpees -

62742428.jpg

Bill Hardman - Politely - Muse

wilson_pickett-great_wilson_picket_hits(

Wilson Pickett - It's too late - Double L (Marble Arch UK)

Ramsey+Lewis+-+More+Sounds+Of+Christmas+

Ramsey Lewis - More sounds of Christmas - Argo (DG mono - a bit crackly, but goes with the sherry :))

703930.JPG

Illinois Jacquet - Bottoms up - Black & Blue (1974 quartet with Milt Buckner, Roland L'obligeois & Jo Jones)

Don%2BPatterson%2BThese%2BAre%2BSoulful%

Don Patterson - These are soulful days - Muse

MG

Picked up 4 nice mint LPs in a charity shop in middle England at the weekend for £3 each

2111248.jpg

Hal Russell- NRG Ensemble ( Nessa) - already had the CD but compulsion to rescue a Nessa from the bargain bin got the better of me. Just like the CD it sounds spectacular. Joyous accessible free jazz.

next

waldron_leftal.JPG

Waldron/Mclean - Left Alone 86 ( Paddlewheel)- slightly pedestrian IMO

mrjvSzPT4OU8-bN7FQGV1OQ.jpg

Byard/ Riley ----- Live at Royal Festival Hall ----- (Leo) part solos part duets, perhaps less adventurous than I'd expected but very nice none the less

Finally.....

1508214.jpg

Buddy Collette -----Flute Talk---- (Soul Note)

190894697438.jpg

On the jacket, Lateef is quoted as saying (responding to the assertion that he only played "Eastern music"): "I have no definite set path in front of me, I am trying to see that everything I do is sincere and not for effect." A good credo.

I've had this LP for years, and doubt I paid more than a few bucks for it. Turns out to be a mono deep groove, RVG in the deadwax/ Prestige New Jazz, so that was nice.

So I picked up a couple of LT-series BN LPs. The odd thing is they use the King Records LP covers rather than the typical LT covers when initially issued. These are definitely not King reissues, and I believe they are recent BN reissues, but I don't see anything in Discogs on a new reissue. Anyone know who did the reissue?

Here's the Blue Mitchell:

$(KGrHqV,!hsE1Qq5uiJJBNYu4sKh5!~~_12.JPG