Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rivers_James.jpg

James Rivers - Ole (J.B.'s). I'm not sure anyone here except The Magnificent Goldberg would like this one, but he'd dig it, and so do I. James Rivers is a New Orleans R & B/soul-jazz saxophonist who has been on the scene there for many years. Based on the matrix numbers on the labels, I think that this one came out in 1978; the style seems about right for that year. In the band are Carl LeBlanc, who went on to play guitar with Sun Ra and banjo with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, and Jonathan Moffett, who later moved to L.A. and played and recorded with a bunch of big names, like Michael Jackson and Madonna.

Oh, never HEARD of this - not even the label.

MG

$(KGrHqRHJBwFCQ3Y9tVqBQsUNITnzw~~60_1.JP

BOOTSIE BARNES QUARTET - BEEN HERE ALL ALONG

I must try to get some Bootsie Barnes. I think he made three, all for his own label. Is this one of them?

MG

Freddie Hubbard-------"Goin' Up-------(BN Music Matters 45)

Perhaps my favourite Hubbard although it's a tough choice between this and "Hub tones"

A good one. Originals of this title have been going balistic of late so the MM is 'good value'.

This is the only Hubbard BN I don't have so I guess I should get on it!

This was a fortunate recent find:

231006125932.jpg

Art Ensemble of Chicago, COMPLETE LIVE IN JAPAN, April 22, 1984, Tokyo. DIW 2LP. Wonderful music and performance. That back cover is a great picture of the group in performance.

That''s one I like a lot.

front.jpg

Dwight Andrews - Mmotia. The Little People [Otic]

today's arrival. Another one I discovered through this thread a while ago - thanks to everyone for posting such interesting stuff here

231006125932.jpg

Art Ensemble of Chicago, COMPLETE LIVE IN JAPAN, April 22, 1984, Tokyo. DIW 2LP. Wonderful music and performance. That back cover is a great picture of the group in performance.

That's one I'd like a lot

$(KGrHqRHJBwFCQ3Y9tVqBQsUNITnzw~~60_1.JP

BOOTSIE BARNES QUARTET - BEEN HERE ALL ALONG

I must try to get some Bootsie Barnes. I think he made three, all for his own label. Is this one of them?

MG

Grab your chance: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bootsie-Barnes-Quartet-Been-Here-All-Along-1988-Way-After-Midnight-LP-/141156550587?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item20dd9607bb

Cheap record, expensive postage. Amazon UK have a few of Bootsie on DL. I'll get a couple idc. Glad your post reminded me of him.

MG

front.jpg

Dwight Andrews - Mmotia. The Little People [Otic]

today's arrival. Another one I discovered through this thread a while ago - thanks to everyone for posting such interesting stuff here

231006125932.jpg

That's one I'd like a lot

LOL. It'll happen :Nod:

claude_williams-call_for_the_fiddler.jpg

Claude Williams: Call for the Fiddler (Steeplechase)

Listening to this brought back memories of hearing him at a local club about 15 years ago. He was 90 or close to it, but when he hit the stage it seemed like 30 years dropped off him. I had a chance to speak with him and he came across as a true gentleman as well as a wonderful musician.