• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Horace Silver Trio "with art blakey and Sabu" (blue note, Lexington flat edge USA) a recent acquisition...my very first true early vintage blue note Lexington! And for a bargain price...don't think my wallet will let me pursue this collecting avenue too much

Norman Connors "love from the sun" (cobblestone, USA). Inspired by felsers current BFT...out of the 3 Connors albums I own I think this is my favorite.

$_12.JPG$_12.JPG

Bought comparatively cheaply as an object, very pleasantly suprised that it's in much better condition than the one I borrowed/nearly ended up stealing from my band director, except for an unrepairable scratch/needle-stick on "Lover Man" which really sucks, but hey, $12 for an object, carpe diem.

136813.jpg

Also bought as an object, because I remember the first time I saw this in a record store, I so did not understand the concept of bootleg labels releasing unissued stolen studio stuff from 40 years previously, I just thought well, this is WEIRD, every bit of it, and seeing this cover again, yead, it still looks weird. And there's a drawing of a dachshund on the label, part of the design. The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

berio_lucia_laborintu_101b.jpg

Bought for the music, enjoyed for the music, and jesus, it sounds like there's an L.A. studio band involved on Side Two, either that or a Carla Bley band recorded really well. Delightful!

51zr2DmWfiL.jpg

Bought as an object, will be kept as such, on the shelves right next to my early 70s UA (NOT Blue Note!) two-fer of the BN sessions.

jbs~~~~~~~~_thesearet_101b.jpg

Bought primarily out of curiosity, which was rewarded. Raggedyasstightness and BOOTSY!

280765030857.jpg

Damn good band, and I'm reminded again how the one place in school where the classical/jazz/New Music divides were not absolutely non-overcome-able was the percussion department. Hello, African diaspora in full effect., to this day, all we need is a drummer for people who only need a beat, but even if you don't, STILL all you need is a drummer - if it's the right drummer. Otherwise, all you need is a good bassist.

dedi.jpg

Out Of The Cool is a totally different record with "Sister Sadie" leading off Side One. Who knew? Will get to the McFarland half tomorrow, it's been decades since I heard it, I think...

Moral of the story - if you clear all the CDs off the lid on your turntable, you can play records on it.

Bigger moral of the story - you can put CDs in places you didn't know you had, especially if you do it when nobody's looking. Sorry if that sounds obscene, but I'm waiting for LTB to find them. Then we can talk about sounding obscene.