• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing like flying home to find a package from Dusty Groove. Spinning the Sam Records reissues of Donald Byrd's Jazz in Paris and Parisian Thoroughfare. Despite a couple of drop outs on PT, both of these sound gorgeous. All analog mastering from the original master tapes, fold back jackets to mimic the originals, cover photo and photo print from original negatives, 180g vinyl is dead flat and plays it too. So, so good...

090979.jpg

Joe Newman - All I Wanna Do is Swing (RCA Victor). Just delicious.

Keeping up a Newman thing, earlier

Joe Newman Sextet -------The Happy Cats------(Vogue Coral UK)

and

Joe Newman ------- I feel like a Newman ------(vogue /Storyville UK)

Currently change of mood .....

Akira Sakata/Johan Berthling/ PNL--------Arashi--------( Trost)

1911367.jpg

AEC: People in Sorrow (Nessa)

Bought my copy at the long-gone Peaches Records on Peachtree Street in Atlanta in 1978 or so. If I made a list of a dozen albums which changed the way I heard music, this would be on the list.

Does your cover look like this picture? Mine is the unreadable yellow-on-white cover, which Chuck insists is not his fault.

1911367.jpg

Bought my copy at the long-gone Peaches Records on Peachtree Street in Atlanta in 1978 or so. If I made a list of a dozen albums which changed the way I heard music, this would be on the list.

Does your cover look like this picture? Mine is the unreadable yellow-on-white cover, which Chuck insists is not his fault.

My old copy looked like this picture. Bought it at Bud's jazz in Seattle around 1991 and it opened my ears too...I was just getting into Coltrane, Mingus, Miles, Monk and Ornette a year or so prior and this album opened the door to new musical horizons for me.

Now I own the French Pathe Marconi issue...

1911367.jpg

My cover looks like that picture.

1911367.jpg

My cover looks like that picture.

Total life-changer for me too. Mine is also black on yellow.