• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ornette Coleman Trio 'At The Golden Circle, Stockholm Vol 2' (BN NY USA, stereo). Lovely copy from the Tokyo haul.

followed by:

Oliver Nelson 'Three Dimensions' (Impulse ABC 2LP set). One of the Michael Cuscuna 'Dedication Series' with additional tracks from 'Sound Pieces'.

Coltrane 'Crescent' (HMV, mono). I have a number of copies of this one but for me, this is the definitive issue.

I've one of these too and it's a dead silent pressing with great sound. I prefer it to the stereo digipak CD version :)

I have Impulse mono and a Japanese stereo versions. Haven't listened comparatively to hear which I prefer, but weren't the mono versions fold downs of the stereo recordings by this time?

Freddie Hubbard "goin up" (blue note, 47 w 63rd mono) a slightly worn copy but plays surprisingly well...these old blue notes are pretty durable! A beautiful date by an all star cast.

i just have the liberty stereo--- so i guess it originally was only put out in mono, then liberty stereo a little later. theres arent any audiophile releases of this one i dont think