• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mudhoney - Hate the Police EP - (Au-Go-Go Australian orig)

Ha!  Awesome.  Was just playing their debut full length in my car lately courtesy of a CDR I made from my LP(with its ash ra temple-derived foldout cover!).

Must have seen them live at least 10 times since 1989...the last time I saw them the gig was sold out and I had no tickets.  Saw Mark Arm walking down the street and I told my friends to hang tight..I caught up with him and he was super cool.  I happened to be wearing a vintage circa '89 Mudhoney t-shirt that he thought was cool and he put me and my friends on the guest list!  

V/A "guitar workshop" (union, Japan) great album with Masayuki Takayanagi, Kiyoshi Sugimoto, etc.  2nd pressing but got it at a dirt cheap price so no complaints...

Masahiko Sato "palladium" (express, Japan red vinyl). Simply a classic...incredible music and sound quality.  Brilliant album that I have not played in over 10 years..long overdue listen here.

The Paul Guerrero Quintet featuring Marchel Ivery & James Clay - Texas Tenors (Jazz Mark Records/Craig Recording). Nice date. Never heard of the rhythm section but those two tenor players' names certainly caught my attention. :)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71T-fQobHKL._SY355_.jpg

That does look interesting.

It is. I don't think it's ever been on CD. Someone should try to get it out there.

I should play that Taylor/Oxley record again myself some day.  I bought it when it was released but recall being let down by the sound; it's good but not as "audiophile" as the label hinted at the time.  Also remains the most expensive "new" record/cd I have ever bought!

I feel that Cecil's piano was recorded pretty well. Oxley's percussion not very well. On first listen, it's some of my favorite Cecil.