• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Norman+Granz%27+Jazz+at+the+Philharmonic  http://www.birkajazz.com/graphics2/mulliganPacific10.jpg

I came home from Northwest Washington with some great records this time - 78s, 12" LPs, and these two 10" LPs:

Jazz at the Philharmonic (Stinson)

Gerry Mulligan Quartet (Pacific Jazz LP 1)

I have the Mulligan material on CD, of course, but this copy of the first PJ LP sounds magnificent.

Howard Riley Trio - Discussions - (Opportunity, Sawano Japanese reissue)

For a minute there, I thought you had posted 'Opportunity' original  :D

was offered a mint original once for $1k, but that was then and is now a little more than I'd want to spend on an LP...

Bargain ! :D

99 copies only - and you could only buy it I think in Chris Wellard's shop in New Cross, South London. I remember when that place closed its doors (early 80s). Lived just down the road from there a couple of years later but gone by then.

Edited by sidewinder

And to think I could've gone to London at age three and potentially picked up a copy!

He he !  I think it came out about 1966/67 and must have flown off the shelves even then (and was probably served up from under the counter in a brown paper bag). I certainly never heard of it until I heard about that reissue.

Edited by sidewinder

George Coleman - Ronnie Scott's Presents George Coleman 'Live' (Pye). I've always wanted to get this on vinyl after reading the Penguin's comment on it and I finally found a beautiful mint copy at Stereo Jack's last week.

George Coleman, Live, UK, Deleted, vinyl LP album (LP record), Pye / Ronnie Scott's, N121, 532916

I remember attending that week !

Edited by sidewinder