What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Today's arrival

Juhani Aaltonen -----Prana , Live at Groovy-------(Leo Finland)

muscular 1981 session with Vesala and Reggie Workman. Added bonus is that LP and cover really are NM. Discogs ??

great album!  Been at least 15 years since I played it..a nice reminder to dig it out again!  "Springbird" and "etiquette" are worth hunting for too

• Replies 55.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bobby Bradford / Frode Gjerstad / Ingebrigt Haaker Flaten and Frank Rosaly - recorded the day before Silver Cornet.

the_delaware_river.jpg

how does it compare? I don't mean which is better but rather  does it have a different feel , mood or style etc.  I'm impatient to know as my copy hasn't arrived yet.

It is obviously from the same tour but it does have differences including a surprise in the final track. I had a number of concerts to choose from (Houston, Buffalo, Philadelphia and Baltimore) and this was my second choice.  YMMV.

Today's arrival

Juhani Aaltonen -----Prana , Live at Groovy-------(Leo Finland)

muscular 1981 session with Vesala and Reggie Workman. Added bonus is that LP and cover really are NM. Discogs ??

great album!  Been at least 15 years since I played it..a nice reminder to dig it out again!  "Springbird" and "etiquette" are worth hunting for too

another fan of that one here. Also of 'Springbird' and 'Etiquette'

Carsten Meinert kvartet "To You" (MS, fredricksberg reissue). Finally bought this reissue after searching in vain for a reasonably priced original for many years..this reissue sounds fantastic..excellent music and quality pressing/sound.

Barney Wilen "Barney" (RCA, Japan). At $25 much cheaper then an original, and sounds great.  An excellent record!! Really enjoyed this one..great music.

Yamashta & the Horizon "sunrise from west sea" (Liberty, Japan). Have not played this in over 10 years..a fantastic album with Masahiko Sato and Takehisa Kosugi..stunning sound quality and performance.

"To You" is a great album. I have the Spectator issue which came out immediately after the private label original. I'm verry happy with it, but a high quality reissue could be useful.

The Yamsh'ta with Kosugi is stunning. Every bit as essential as the Taj Mahal Travellers records, which have been reissued/bootlegged to death... BTW: it's on the London (Japan) label, not Liberty.

"To You" is a great album. I have the Spectator issue which came out immediately after the private label original. I'm verry happy with it, but a high quality reissue could be useful.

The Yamsh'ta with Kosugi is stunning. Every bit as essential as the Taj Mahal Travellers records, which have been reissued/bootlegged to death... BTW: it's on the London (Japan) label, not Liberty.

oops yes London label indeed..I swear I'm losing brain cells everyday!

Agreed a fantastic album that I don't play often enough..first heard it around 20 years ago via a local hippie collector that had it.  A few years later I found a mint copy for myself!

The Meinert is awesome. The Fredriksberg pressing, licensed from Meinert himself, sounds amazing. I would be happy with a clean Spectator copy if I could find one... especially one of the hand-colored copies! But it'll still set you back around $500 at this point...

I didn't know about the hand coloured copies, but there are some small black & white drawings on the cover which you can colour yourself.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lufEnH8L7rE/T1TVTA6CbOI/AAAAAAAABoo/KsogrneOzlY/s320/Cover.jpg  http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91KCCPxI7BL._SX425_.jpg

Roswell Rudd - The Definitive Roswell Rudd (Horo). Overdubbed trombones, piano, bass, drums, and vocals.

Jerome Richardson - Going to the Movies (United Artists mono). Prompted by someone else here (Clifford, I think) spinning this recently. It's very nice - the tunes are all from movie soundtracks, but treated interestingly and uncompromisingly.

Joe Henderson w/Masabumi Kikuchi, Terumasa Hino "in concert" (Philips, Japan). Had a single sleeve later issue that I sold over 10 years ago.  Found the original gatefold recently for dirt cheap and I really like it now..probably because my stereo system back then wasn't nearly as good as it is now!  

Francois Tusques "free jazz" (Columbia/Disques Moulodji, Japan) another recent score - white label promo with OBI..mint vinyl and a fraction of what an original would have cost me..let alone finding a clean original!