• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Contemporary Hungarian Music, Zoltan Jeney and Laszlo Sary (Hungaraton). Early 1970s works from two Hungarian composers--very nice and adventurous.

Excellent choice. Many treasures to be found on the Hungaraton label in the 1970s and 1980s, especially by composers of the Budapest New Music Studio (Jeney and Sary were both founding members).

Contemporary Hungarian Music, Zoltan Jeney and Laszlo Sary (Hungaraton). Early 1970s works from two Hungarian composers--very nice and adventurous.

Excellent choice. Many treasures to be found on the Hungaraton label in the 1970s and 1980s, especially by composers of the Budapest New Music Studio (Jeney and Sary were both founding members).

I've yet to find a dud on that label. Zsolt Durko is another favourite. Do you have any other recommendations? Hungaraton also did that amazing edition of Bartok's works.

Edited by B. Clugston

howard.png

The reissue but not bad. Love the album; it has that sincere yet occasionally cheesy quality of the time, very full of personality. 

I have an original of it - you're right in that it's not bad, but nor is it my favorite Howard LP from the era (that would have to be Berlin Concert or Live in Europe Vol. 1). 

Edited by clifford_thornton
bad grammar

https://cdn2.dustygroove.com/images/products/r/royal_marsh_gordonjen_102b.jpg

Gordon Jenkins Presents Marshall Royal (Everest mono). It may tell you something about the kind of afternoon I had to say that this easy-listening-ish album is just what I needed. To be fair to Marshall, there is far more jazz content here than on the similar Johnny Hodges/Lawrence Welk album from around the same time.