Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill Dixon - 7-tette - (Savoy, US orig)

Nice!  Just have a French BYG issue of this..a good reminder to upgrade to an original.  I do have a minty original of his other Savoy date with Archie Shepp.

Earlier:  Jackie McLean "destination out" (Blue Note, mono NY USA) it took me about 3 or 4 copies, but I finally found a truly mint copy with no clicks or pops or crackles!  Call me obsessive, but this is one of my all time favorite blue notes and I needed a perfect copy!

Right now:  Freedom Unity "something" (Liberty, Japan red vinyl promo copy).  A heavy Japanese rarity..a recent acquisition.  Killer album...

Those Freedom Unity LPs are extremely rare. Never even seen Something for sale other than the CD reissue.

Destination Out! is one of the best jazz records ever. Could use a cleaner copy myself, but what can you do...?

HD Tracks 24 bit 192kHz download mastered by Bernie Grundman. :tup:tup Unfortunately not included in the 75th anniversary SHM-CD series.

Destination Out! is one of the best jazz records ever. Could use a cleaner copy myself, but what can you do...?

Pick up the Music Matters 2x45rpm in glorious stereo !

Grant Green 'Live At The Lighthouse' (BN UA blue/white label 2LP). Thinish vinyl but excellent sonics, capturing well the Lighthouse atmosphere.

Horace Silver 'The Stylings of Silver' (BN NY USA DG both sides, ear)

Edited by sidewinder

Failing that, the King pressing of 'Destination Out!' is pretty nice..

Just out of curiosity I've popped my copy of the Music Matters on deck. Spinning Moncur's 'Love and Hate' the first thing that comes across is the incredible sonic detail of Roy Haynes' tom toms and brushes. Can't recall the original LP ever capturing that in such fidelity but I'll check against the NY USA for further impressions. Can't go wrong with the MM - although the frequent disk turning may well be a negative !

Edited by sidewinder

Failing that, the King pressing of 'Destination Out!' is pretty nice..

Just out of curiosity I've popped my copy of the Music Matters on deck. Spinning Moncur's 'Love and Hate' the first thing that comes across is the incredible sonic detail of Roy Haynes' tom toms and brushes. Can't recall the original LP ever capturing that in such fidelity but I'll check against the NY USA for further impressions. Can't go wrong with the MM - although the frequent disk turning may well be a negative !

I have an audiophile friend who owns the entire 45rpm series so I have heard it and agree it sounds fantastic!  I also have the King pressing, a stereo orig, and the old Connoisseur CD...

Just checking against my NY USA stereo 'ear' copy. Also a very pleasant listening experience. For 'character' and bite it has the edge I think but for sonic level of detail the MM wins. Either way, both are great.

Thinking about it - I have this one on Conn and Mosaic Select CDs, a Pathe Marconi LP, King LP, NY USA and Music Matters. Dammitt - I need a Liberty.. :lol:

Edited by sidewinder

Just checking against my NY USA stereo 'ear' copy. Also a very pleasant listening experience. For 'character' and bite it has the edge I think but for sonic level of detail the MM wins. Either way, both are great.

Thinking about it - I have this one on Conn and Mosaic Select CDs, a Pathe Marconi LP, King LP, NY USA and Music Matters. Dammitt - I need a Liberty.. :lol:

so you're as crazy as me ;)

so you're as crazy as me ;)

you guys crack me up :)

Sidewinder - I have the Liberty that I'll happily swap for any of the other LP versions, apart from the Pathe, to help you out ;)