Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joe Henderson ---------Inner Urge--------(Blue Note) NYC mono

I think I've mentioned before but this album was a slow grower on me. Perhaps surprising given that I have viewed La Roca's Basra as one of my top 5 BN sessions. Inner Urge gives you a generally modal sound where as Basra is full of eastern mystery ,which is at once different and attractive in equal measure.

Three Sounds 'Coldwater Flat' (BN blue/white Liberty stereo) - Dan's old copy.

123566f.jpg

Down to LPs only - power supply to the CD player now away for re-capping. In the process of powering the system back up sans CD there is one heck of a sonic upgrade in terms of soundstage. Astonishing - I can only assume that the CD supply was outputting crap into the rest of the system thanks to its kaput reservoir capacitors..;)

Edited by sidewinder

34 minutes ago, rdavenport said:

From a collection of 450 LPs I bought from a man a few weeks ago. Lots of 1980s reissues of "big" albums - OJC, Fresh Sound etc. I'm listening to one a day!

NIce buy, especially if the price was right.

44 minutes ago, rdavenport said:

$_57.JPG

From a collection of 450 LPs I bought from a man a few weeks ago. Lots of 1980s reissues of "big" albums - OJC, Fresh Sound etc. I'm listening to one a day!

Nice.

I just bought some stuff from a guy from our electrical firm (he'd just installed a ceiling fan for us)  who was selling his late mother's LPs. A fair amount of older classical stuff I didn't have, all in fine shape (a bunch of Novaes' Vox albums, Gigli's "Tosca," "Un Ballo De Maschera,"  and 1938 Verdi Requiem, etc.) but also a bunch of MJR LPs (Earl Hines, piano anthologies, Don Byas, etc. and some Mary Lou Williams). His mom must have been a cool lady.