• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, paul secor said:

51NSj8BfTXL.jpg

Lee Konitz/Hal Galper: Windows

Thanks to HutchFan for posting this recording a day or so ago. I decided to play it again and found that there was much good music that I'd missed before.

Yes, it's a nice one. Hadn't heard it before.

15 hours ago, Homefromtheforest said:

Masahiko Sato "trinity" (Enja, Japan white label promo). I have a few Japanese pressings of Enja titles and they all sound phenomenal; terrific pressings.  I have not played this in 10-15 years or so; a very strong "live in the studio" session featuring Pierre Favre on drums and Peter Warren on bass. Recorded in 1971 during a peak phase of Sato's career IMO so it's pretty much indispensable for fans.

Excellent platter .... fully agree on the Enja Victor Japan pressing - same applies to Terusama Hino`s "Taru`s Mood" and Peter Warren`s "Bass Is" ....

On 7/5/2016 at 6:03 AM, sidewinder said:

I see those pressings on occasion and they always look a bit on the 'budget' side - I guess they must have been mid-price on issue?

i've had a few , no worth bothering with IMO- pretty flat but worse pressings seem dodgy-

10 hours ago, paul secor said:

Looks interesting.

It's a good one, from 1964. Recorded by Cosimo Matassa at Zion Hill Baptist Church in the Treme neighborhood.

The small Nobility label was affiliated with Dixieland Hall, a short-lived rival to Preservation Hall. Their catalog (about a dozen releases, I think) is somewhat mixed in quality; this is one of the better issues.

i got this lp on APPLAUSE today (not a bn reissue---an actual applause original)-- 

it looked like perhaps some awesome smooth jazz record, 1982....tom barney was on bass (steely dan2k)--- tom pierson is the leader and lp name.  

anyhoo, IT SUX 

R-3484192-1332191329.jpeg.jpg

R-3484192-1332191257.jpeg.jpg

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51M8ySB7PKL.jpg  http://www.amoeba.com/sized-images/max/500/500/uploads/buy_stuff_here/01-10-11/MarionBrown_ThreeForShepp.jpg   http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51XXdVEbQiL._SS500_.jpg

George Finola - Jazz of the Chosen Few (New Orleans Originals mono). A really nice one from 1965, equally influenced by Bix and New Orleans, and including Blue Lu Barker's first recorded vocals since the 1940s.

Marion Brown - Three for Shepp (Impulse)

Budd Johnson - Off the Wall (Argo mono). Just picked this one up. I have a soft spot for Budd Johnson, since his Argo album that preceded this one, Ya! Ya!, was the first jazz album I owned.