Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

Steve Lacy/Yuji Takahashi/Takehisa Kosugi - Distant Voices - (Columbia, JP)

A total classic!  Had the original jewel box denon CD.  Then I bought the original LP.  Then I bought the mini LP reissue CD.  Then I almost bought another copy of the original LP with OBI, but I resisted that moment of insanity!  Needless to say I think this album is really awesome :)

15 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

its okay- it aint like a CROWN record dawg....

I don't know about that. I have found many Prestige pressings from the mid-60s, like the one you're talking about, that look absolutely terrible. Some of them have been practically new and still look terrible. "Orange peel" and bubbles in the vinyl are quite common for these pressings.

Orange peel:

http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=1363&image_id=21704

Bubbles:

Image result for lp record pressing defects

10 hours ago, Homefromtheforest said:

A total classic!  Had the original jewel box denon CD.  Then I bought the original LP.  Then I bought the mini LP reissue CD.  Then I almost bought another copy of the original LP with OBI, but I resisted that moment of insanity!  Needless to say I think this album is really awesome :)

Yeah, got the LP last year after having missed out on it a couple of times (was going on the CD for ages). Distant Voices is a very special and quite listenable album. There's nothing else like it. Obis are very cool, especially on Japanese record jackets that were designed around their presence, but I can live without them if need be.

15 hours ago, Kevin Bresnahan said:

Ik weet niet over dat. Ik heb veel Prestige persingen gevonden van het midden van de jaren '60, zoals je het over hebt, dat absoluut verschrikkelijk uitzien. Sommigen van hen zijn nagenoeg nieuw geweest en nog steeds ziet er verschrikkelijk uit. "Sinaasappelhuid" en bubbels in het vinyl zijn heel gebruikelijk dat deze persingen.

Orange peel:

http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=1363&image_id=21704

Bubbles:

Image result for lp record pressing defects

I know what you mean, I`ve a lot ( to much ) of these copies.

IMHO, at a to high temperature pressed records. All have a iritating surface hiss.

I bought recently a record flattener, wich heat the record (in a long time) up to 60 degrees Celcius and in the same time down to under 30 degres Celcius.

The level of hiss goes down, but not enough for me.

It`s hard to say but: straight to the bin with these crapp sounding albums.