• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bob Dylan --- Real Albert Hall 1966 concert----(Sony)

Distortion throughout the electric set might have something to do with this sitting in the can 50 years. Interesting none the less. The recording engineer along with the audience clearly wasn't prepared for the volume whenDylan plugged in.

It's interesting because the engineer should have gotten this down by the time of the tour. But there was so much speed, pot, heroin and other drugs floating around that tour that things went awry. I've been listening to the box set of this tour released last month. I went in expecting I'd be fascinated and enthralled by the electric sets. Instead I have found the acoustic sets to be the real pearls in the set.

https://goodshitreviews.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/img_6228-3.jpg   http://jazzrecordrevival.com/images/items/full/thilotribute.jpg

Eddie Costa / Vinnie Burke Trio (Josie). 1962 reissue of the Jubilee album.

Jesper Thilo / Clark Terry Quintet - Tribute to Frog (Storyville). Luckily, there's no overt imitation here, just a program of tunes (mostly) associated with Ben Webster. Terry is in excellent form. On a personal note, I'll always cherish the evening I spent in a little club in Copenhagen, listening to Thilo with just a handful of other patrons.

22 hours ago, Homefromtheforest said:

Classic!  My older sister bought this around 1988 or so...a big discovery!  I bought my own copy a year or two later...

A good friend of mine still has their debut single which is also a killer...

I wish I had that Tasque Force single, even if I can't stand 7"!

3 hours ago, Leeway said:

I should have mentioned that those Actuel Doubles (Two-Fers?) always strike me as a bit quirky coming from an avant label. STEAM is a good one.

Yeah, my understanding is that they came out a couple of years after the original versions hit the racks. I have the Art Ensemble 2fer, which looks quite nice.