• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i always wanted this rare west coast jazz lp:

R-1528911-1226290577.jpeg.jpg

turns out I HAD IT ALL ALONG, the exact some lp is also on tampa and i had it all this time,  lolz!

R-4276765-1461535838-8305.jpeg.jpg

andex is obvs hella rare, i passed on this for 3 dollars today, i know richie kamuca victor feldman, ben tucker and stan levey are -the- guys but im not sold on this dempsey fellow.  i listened to the tracks and im not grabbed yet.  i would be interested, if you would like to share, of course, if you would get it and why.  i know its on andex.  like "mucho calor"  anyways i listened to the tracks a little and i just cant see myself playing it 5 or more times in my life if i get it. 

Image result for andex dempsey

2 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

i always wanted this rare west coast jazz lp:

R-1528911-1226290577.jpeg.jpg

turns out I HAD IT ALL ALONG, the exact some lp is also on tampa and i had it all this time,  lolz!

R-4276765-1461535838-8305.jpeg.jpg

andex is obvs hella rare, i passed on this for 3 dollars today, i know richie kamuca victor feldman, ben tucker and stan levey are -the- guys but im not sold on this dempsey fellow.  i listened to the tracks and im not grabbed yet.  i would be interested, if you would like to share, of course, if you would get it and why.  i know its on andex.  like "mucho calor"  anyways i listened to the tracks a little and i just cant see myself playing it 5 or more times in my life if i get it. 

Image result for andex dempsey

let me be honest my 1st thought on this lp was, damn, if it was this very exact band, but with mundell lowe, i would be extreme-sold on it, so i was mad at dempsey from the very start.  

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

I had the Spanish vinyl reissue of the Dempsey Wright record.  Didn't grab me either.

I have the Spanish vinyl reissue too (along with several other Andexes they reissued). My impulse to buy it at the time obviously was that "obscure stuff" vibe because who else would ever have been likely to reissue stuff like this on VINYL and would you ever run into an affordable copy of the original over HERE? I found the record OK (it's been a while since I listened to it) but not earth-shaking. OK enough to make it a keeper. There are others that I'd rather give the boot if I could (but can't - the featured soloists are too fine - but the backing ... ugh ...).

Edited by Big Beat Steve

115838567.jpg  various-somethingnew.somethingblue(1).jp

Chico Freeman - Chico (India Navigation). I like his dad better, but this is a pretty adventurous and enjoyable album.

Something New, Something Blue (Columbia 6-eye stereo). A pretty cool 1959 album; Manny Albam, Teo Macero, Bill Russo, and Teddy Charles were each commissioned to write a new piece and arrange an older blues tune for a medium-sized ensemble.

Edited by jeffcrom

18 hours ago, jeffcrom said:

Chico Freeman - Chico (India Navigation). I like his dad better, but this is a pretty adventurous and enjoyable album.

I stumbled across this in a record store over in Birmingham a few months ago. Snatched it right up. (Mine is in CD format rather than LP.)  I like it too. 

2 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

hmm....maybe i should get.  if someone sold you a $5 copy of Julius Watkins vol 2 LEX AVE and a $25 copy of Lou Takes Off 47. W. 63rd, you wouldnt believe it till the package arrived, right? cause im not believin till it arrives.....

If they were completely hammered for those prices I would believe it. I've pissed away more money at a bar...