Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-5446801-1445535770-8720.jpeg.jpg

for 5 bux i did real good here, it is a good quick listen,  the cover lists jor-du 1st even though its last, but its the album highlight.  i so far could hardlly tell blakey was on it, he really doesnt get to do his thing at all, i have to relisten, anyways, its good.  im still keeping the cd for the vol 1 w/ frank foster date

Kenny Barron, Golden Lotus (Muse), Lou Donaldson, Back Street (Muse), Stan Getz and Paul Horn, Midem Live '80 (Personal Choice Records), and James Clay, Jazz on the Lake 1986, volume 1 (The Lodge of Granbury Records).

The first side of the Getz record is his working group at a live concert in 1980. The second side begins with an unusual Stan Getz/Paul Horn duet--quite beautiful.

The James Clay is him playing with a local band, with a slightly commercial bent and several vocal tracks--but still he sounds good and it brought back memories of his late life sound in person, which I surely miss (and didn't take advantage often enough).

Edited by kh1958