Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, rdavenport said:

Billy Hawks - More Heavy Soul (Prestige)

He's a new one on me - this was in a collection of LPs I bought last year, never got round to listening to it until now.

I started a thread about this guy last year, didn't get many responses but I think he's terrific as both singer and organist. You should look for his first LP if you like this one, or you can find a very nice reissue of both LPs, I think on the Ace family of labels, which had a lot of  missing biographical detail because they tracked down his brother, iirc.

7 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

I started a thread about this guy last year, didn't get many responses but I think he's terrific as both singer and organist. You should look for his first LP if you like this one, or you can find a very nice reissue of both LPs, I think on the Ace family of labels, which had a lot of  missing biographical detail because they tracked down his brother, iirc.

I didn't see the thread, will have a look now, thanks. Edit to add - that didn't take long!

Edited by rdavenport