• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, aparxa said:

Miles Kington!!

Oh wow - I used to see him on occasions in a local jazz CD outlet. Based on his conversations with the store owner, he knew his stuff !

The thing was, I didn't know who he was at the time. If I had done, I would have tried out some of my best 'Franglais' :lol:

23 hours ago, aparxa said:

During the week-end:

vin.jpg

Remember keeping that CBBB cover in a brown paper bag/well under wraps, back in the day !

Edited by sidewinder

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Amancio D'Silva 'Integration' (Pheon). FIrst, limited vinyl reissue of this one from the master tapes, authorised by the D'Silva estate.

First impressions - Fantastic reissue, very quiet vinyl and superb sonics. Blasts the Impressed CD into outer orbit..

Thanks for the alert. Just placed my order whilst listening to

Yusef Lateef - The Golden Flute (HMV Mono)

Marc Levin Ensemble - Songs Dances and Prayers [Centrifuga, 2017]

lovely sounding Levin authorised reissue. Nice artwork repro and extra notes from Levin. 

A very nice update of an all time favourite the original of which is now a bit tired

1 hour ago, danasgoodstuff said:

The kaleidoscope kovers series, got me some of them back in the day.  Love the clovers!(klovers!?) think I have dang near everything they did for Atlantic one way or another, but v. little else.

Opposite reaction here. :D

I already had some of their more essential recordings on various V.A. compilations, and I remember seeing this "Greatest" compilation in the record racks back tehn but shied away each time because of that garishly "modernized" 70s cover that just did not go with 50s recordings inside (there were many such cases in the 70s) . And as the Clovers were not essential enough to me at the time to want to live with that "out of tune" packaging I never grabbed it.

On 10/05/2017 at 3:12 PM, sidewinder said:

Amancio D'Silva 'Integration' (Pheon). FIrst, limited vinyl reissue of this one from the master tapes, authorised by the D'Silva estate.

First impressions - Fantastic reissue, very quiet vinyl and superb sonics. Blasts the Impressed CD into outer orbit..

Me too now. Thanks Sidewinder! I missed out on the Impressed CD so this is the first time I've heard the music. Lovely stuff, fine sound indeed

2 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Me too now. Thanks Sidewinder! I missed out on the Impressed CD so this is the first time I've heard the music. Lovely stuff, fine sound indeed

That CD is now fetching silly prices. Glad you share my view of this reissue - my second copy arrived too. Now I can wear the first one out and rest easy ! :D