• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-4953031-1380429334-8204.jpeg.jpg

Jazz Jamboree 78 Vol 2

contains one side by a Bernard Lubat group (a quartet according to the LP, but a report about the concert confirms the impression that this is a trio with Lubat doubling on piano and drums, Christian Escoude on guitar and someone like Didier Levallet on bass). Plus one track by the Hungarian fusion band Bergendy and  one great track by the Bernt Rosengren Quartet that's also heard on this LP

6 hours ago, Niko said:

R-4953031-1380429334-8204.jpeg.jpg

Jazz Jamboree 78 Vol 2

contains one side by a Bernard Lubat group (a quartet according to the LP, but a report about the concert confirms the impression that this is a trio with Lubat doubling on piano and drums, Christian Escoude on guitar and someone like Didier Levallet on bass). Plus one track by the Hungarian fusion band Bergendy and  one great track by the Bernt Rosengren Quartet that's also heard on this LP

sweet -- I like those Jazz Jamboree sets quite often, though I don't have this one.

now:

Hans Reichel -- Wichlinghauser Blues -- (FMP orig)

3 hours ago, Chuck Nessa said:

Dug this out 'cause of another thread. Years since it has seen air.

Billy+Eckstine+Together-443229.jpg

Terrific record, much better than their studio recordings.Interesting, too, how much cleaner by and large (i.e. in terms of execution) it was than its successor, the Gillespie band. I assume that's in part because of Budd Johnson.

On 6/13/2015 at 3:19 PM, Kevin Bresnahan said:

John Coltrane - Coltrane Plays The Blues (Atlantic reissue). This reissue doesn't sound all that great on my system. The piano sounds wonky.

81daSDX0E3L._SL1500_.jpg

I am re-listening to this to decide if I should try the new(er) mono LP reissue that's in the stores now. As I am listening to side 1, I realize that "Blues To Bechet" and "Blues To You" are already mono. :)

On 10/15/2017 at 10:04 AM, mjazzg said:

Okay Temiz/Johnny Dyani - Witchdoctor's Son [Yonca/Matsuli reissue]

lovely job done by Matsuli making this affordable again

mjazzg (or others), have you ever heard Temiz's Oriental Wind, released on Sonet?  It fetches high prices whenever it's available.

I've never heard the whole album, but I've always wanted to. 

Edited by HutchFan

20 hours ago, HutchFan said:

mjazzg (or others), have you ever heard Temiz's Oriental Wind, released on Sonet?  It fetches high prices whenever it's available.

I've never heard the whole album, but I've always wanted to. 

No, I've not. I have a later Sonet Chila-Chila which is very good.

About 25 years ago a Turkish colleague persuaded me to accompany him to a gig "because I liked Jazz" and it was Temiz and his Magnetic Trio and my introduction to him. London's large Turkish diaspora was out in force and it was a great evening. I've been grateful ever since for having the opportunity to see him live.

Edited by mjazzg