Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

117454908.jpg

Lou Levy---------The kid's got ears--------(Jazzizz Records)

very fine Ines trio from the master with Shelly Manne and John Heard. Undeserving to be so obscure. Great record. Levy always seems fresh and vital. Like my favourite Martial Solal I've never come across a release that was less than interesting.

On 27.2.2018 at 3:14 PM, mjazzg said:

R-2391065-1455138395-6522.jpeg.jpg

On 27.2.2018 at 3:14 PM, mjazzg said:

and it was probably as cold in Wrexham as it was on the cover of the LP!!

I regret, it was high summer ;-)! After I have had finished a narrow gauge boat trip with my family on the Llangollen Canal we went to Wrexham nearby ...

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

R-961080-1187969246.jpeg.jpg

Marion Brown's comment "You could use this record to heat up the apartment on those cold winter days" seems apt as the UK grinds to a halt with snow and cold temperatures that many other countries wouldn't bat an eyelid at

I know this quote. It is from the liner notes of the LP "Ascension"! Currently we have in Göttingen - 3 ° C (27 ° F), sunny, no snow!

Edited by optatio

R-7793989-1476743965-7523.jpeg.jpg

Rev. Johnny L. "Hurricane" Jones - Do Your Thing (Jewel). From J.M. Gates to Jasper Williams to The Hurricane, Atlanta has always had the best recording preachers. Just sayin'.

This is some sermon. After referencing the parable of the talents, Rev. Jones is now preaching/singing, " Joe Frazier did his thing. Muhammad Ali did his thing!"

Edited by jeffcrom

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

R-3482370-1332132876.jpeg.jpg

new arrival that completes my Marte Roling/Fontana set, if we discount the mythical Rod Levitt. The music's great too

I have that one too on UK Fontana. Cost me about £7 at a now long gone 2nd hand vinyl outlet in Bath. I miss those semi junk shop places !