Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Clunky said:

Grant Green——Slick! Live at oil can Harry’s -———(resonance)

just playing it now. More nuanced than I was expecting. Nice 

Ha ! Just playing side 2 myself, good stuff. Side A is pretty short though.

Picked up a copy of the other Grant Green 3LP too after a queue and almighty scrum at the racks this morning but it was worth it. Most stores only had one copy of each I think.

Today is officially ‘Grant Green Day’.

grant%2Bgreen%2B%25E2%2580%2594%2Bfunk%2

Edited by sidewinder

9 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Ha ! Just playing side 2 myself, good stuff. Picked up a copy of the other Grant Green 3LP too after a queue and almighty scrum at the racks this morning but it was worth it. Most stores only had one copy of each I think.

Today is officially ‘Grant Green Day’.

grant%2Bgreen%2B%25E2%2580%2594%2Bfunk%2

I’m on side two of Slick! now and I have to say this is a great record so far. Grant’s playing is sublime and sound is the business. I don’t know about this being ‘ commercial music’ it just sounds great.

my local had three copies of each GG and a couple of Nutty’s. I also picked up on spec a Mats Gustafsson/ Thurston Moore ‘noise’ album to try something different. We’ll see. 

Yep, when I saw these advertised I didn’t hesitate. Later era Grant Green is very underestimated.

My local independent has two stores and it turns out that each store had one copy of each GG. If I had known I could have saved myself a queue and a scrum and gone to the more local store !

That side 2 ‘How Insensitive’ on ‘Slick !’ is great ! :tup

Edited by sidewinder

My final RSD purchase, something different for sure, noise. I don’t really have much of this but I like Mats Gustafsson so I thought I’d give it a go. 

Merzbow/Pandi/Gustafsson/ Moore ———Cuts up, cuts out———-(Rarenoise Records)

pretty much a wall of sound but with a underlying pulse. A bit like ‘The Necks’ only not soporific. To be played when the family Clunky are out of the house. Interesting 

R-8484720-1462532814-9883.jpeg.jpg

Makaya McCraven - In The Moment, E & F Sides [International Anthem]

more great contemporary Chicago music

1 hour ago, Clunky said:

My final RSD purchase, something different for sure, noise. I don’t really have much of this but I like Mats Gustafsson so I thought I’d give it a go. 

Merzbow/Pandi/Gustafsson/ Moore ———Cuts up, cuts out———-(Rarenoise Records)

pretty much a wall of sound but with a underlying pulse. A bit like ‘The Necks’ only not soporific. To be played when the family Clunky are out of the house. Interesting 

Now, that is some contrast to the Grant Greens

This sounds intriguing, Gustafsson and Moore, if a tad intimidating, Merzbow, (I may stick with the The Necks...). Rarenoise has an eclectic catalogue, equal parts intriguing and scary I find.

Apropos of another thread discussion, a very good Wadada Leo Smith was released by them in the last year or so