Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Clunky said:

Elvis Costello——-This Year’s Model——-(Radar UK)

declan is still a firm favourite with me. Bought this in 1979 as a 12 year old. 

well you were a pretty hip pre-teen. I blow hot and cold with him but will always respect anyone who can write 'Alison', 'Shipbuilding' and 'Stamp The Earth Down' amongst others

25 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

well you were a pretty hip pre-teen. I blow hot and cold with him but will always respect anyone who can write 'Alison', 'Shipbuilding' and 'Stamp The Earth Down' amongst others

I followed his career pretty closely until the late 80s. Then more intermittently. I've really never come across anything bad even "Almost Blue" had it's moments of  his more recent material the collaboration with Allen Toussaint The River in Reverse and MOMFUKU really stand out. The latter album recalls the post-punk anger of This Years Model or the later Blood and Chocolate. I've got a great deal of time for him. 

3067414193.png

This arrived yesterday, having been ordered back in November last year. The great south american river came through eventually. Bought on the strength that the same label had done a very nice job of reissuing a Kosuke Mine LP (mentioned here a few weeks ago). This is good too.

Masaru Imada-----Green Catepillar-------(TBM/Le Tres jazz Club)