Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

my guess is they ran out of stereo jackets and just used the extra mono sleeves.

I’ll buy that.

Being 1965, mono was still the ‘norm’ over here, of course. Most of these would have been destined for radiograms !

Edited by sidewinder

18 hours ago, Clunky said:

350807328192.jpg

Touching_%28Paul_Bley_album%29.jpg

Paul Bley -----Touching-------(Fontana UK) mono 

My copy of this 1965 original issue turns out to be stereo despite mono marked on the record labels. Sound is   slightly stronger compared to the 1969 UK edition ( with the creepy hand) 

I thought I'd join in this game too.

Mine appears to be the same - stereo sound but with mono labels (with "not for sale" stamped on) but not in a stereo sleeve

17 hours ago, clifford_thornton said:

my guess is they ran out of stereo jackets and just used the extra mono sleeves.

Discogs only shows a mono UK 1965 first edition of Touching ( with Marte Roling cover art). Of course their info may be incomplete. The first UK stereo edition they list is the 1969 with the creepy hand cover.

I’ve as of this weekend got both UK editions (1965 Marte R stereo but marked mono and 1969 stereo - creepy hand). 

8 minutes ago, Clunky said:

Oh no... that’s one I don’t know. I need to stop reading about any potential recommendations.

Worry not, it's not really very good at all...:rolleyes:

It's from the same session as the ECM 'Ballads' which is at the top of my list of favourites - both are sparser than many of the other trio recordings and foreground Altschul and Peacock to great effect on some extended solo/duo passages. Glorious stuff.

I discovered its existence on here too. There's a Paul Bley Trios thread somewhere. Dangerous place

Edited by mjazzg