• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/5/2018 at 6:58 PM, HutchFan said:

DBQ_BackHome.png

oh dawg i need this one, but how do you find a nice pressing of concords, they are in those destructive concord bags. i dont see a cd issue on discogs, you know ive passed over on great stuff on this label cause of condition.  :(

5 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

oh dawg i need this one, but how do you find a nice pressing of concords, they are in those destructive concord bags. i dont see a cd issue on discogs, you know ive passed over on great stuff on this label cause of condition.  :(

chewy, I stumbled on this LP -- still sealed -- in a local shop a few months back.  The music is very good, although I must say that it's a bit odd to hear Brubeck with such a "heavy," Coltrane-ish player as Jerry Bergonzi. After years of listening to lighter-toned players like Desmond and Mulligan with Brubeck, Bergonzi is quite a contrast. Not bad. Just very different.

In any case, there was a CD issue of this music.  Here it is on amazon.com:) 

BTW: Have you found the plastic inner-liners on Concord releases to be destructive to the LPs?  If so, how?  I have quite a few Concord LPs with the plastic inner liners, and I've never noticed problems with them. 

Elvis Costello--------This year's model-------( Radar U.K.) 

Elvis cancelled the rest of his European tour today.  A few weeks ago when I saw him perform he referred to having had prostatic cancer.  He's now been advised to rest. Prostatic surgery can bring all manner of complications. I hope he gets better soon. Spinning this title. Pump it up and Chelsea prompted me to buy ths as a thirteen year old. As I've indicated previously I've not looked back.  Vamos Elvis ! 

14 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

R-3920828-1462302866-5891.jpeg.jpg

Eric Kloss - Introducing Eric Kloss [Prestige, mono]

one of this week's new arrivals. Really enjoying it and to think he was only sixteen. Next up it's companion

R-3733273-1342195974-5141.jpeg.jpg

Eric Kloss - Love And All That Jazz [Prestige, mono]

Really dig his Prestige outing "In The Land Of The Giants" ....

I’ve found that the best way to acquire those Kloss sessions was on the Prestige/Fantasy CDs (2LPs on one CD). Getting quite hard to fine now.

Pat Martino signed the one with ‘In The Land of the Giants’ for me. ‘Skyshadows’ was also on that one.

Now back to vinyl..:)

Edited by sidewinder

MTSleeve.jpg

Another great one from Mr Trunk, sessions recorded under miraculous circumstances. Original meticulous scorrs thrown in the bin/burnt by Mike Taylor, luckily retrieved by Jon Hiseman, further orchestrated by Neil Ardley and band members and recording funded at risk by Denis Preston at a time when UK jazz was going through the floor. Tapes supplied I believe courtesy Neil Ardley’s estate.

Edited by sidewinder