What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

R-2593576-1327317372.jpeg.jpg

Keith Jarrett - Restoration Ruin (Vortex). Okay, I found this one in an Atlanta record store yesterday, and vaguely remembered it as being Jarrett's early overdub-all-the-instruments album. I thought it might be interesting, so I bought it. I didn't realize until I got home that it's Jarrett's foray into pop/folk vocals, and that it doesn't even pretend to be any kind of jazz record. Two minutes in, I was horrified, and trying to figure out how I could unload it. But by the end of side one, I decided that I kind of like it for what it is. It ain't great, and I don't think I'll end up spinning it very often, but I'm keeping it for now - as a weird period piece, if nothing else.

• Replies 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-3052183-1313454937.jpeg.jpg  R-3991031-1422117324-3848.jpeg.jpg

Shirley Scott - Soul Sister (Prestige stereo). I have precious little Lem Winchester in my collection, so I was glad to find this yesterday.

The Sunny Meadows Radio Show 1929 (Sunbeam). Transcriptions of an early sponsored radio show - Meadows was a washing machine manufacturer. Side one features Ray Miller's dance band, with some nice contributions by Muggsy Spanier.

Purchased this one 40 years ago. The first side is the last of three Barry Ulanov "Battle of the Bands" radio shows: Birds, Fats Navarro, John La Porter, Allen Eager, Lennie Tristano, Billie Bauer, Tommy Potter and Buddy Rich, Sarah Vaughan.

And the second side is the Charlie Parker at Carnegie Hall Chrismas 1949. Bird´s solo on "Koko" is incredible. This is one of my favourite live sessions of Bird.

Unbenannt.png