Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-7886725-1450937737-1885.jpeg.jpg

The Beatles - Yesterday and Today (Capitol mono). I'm not a Beatles fan, particularly, but lately I've been thinking that I at least ought to have some of the Fab Four on my shelves - maybe Rubber Soul and/or Revolver. While in Nashville last week, I found this beautiful mono copy of Yesterday and Today. I was so ignorant about the band that I didn't know that this was a US-only album of tracks that Capitol cut from several British albums, including the ones I mentioned earlier. In any case, I'm enjoying the music and the record sounds great. It's about perfect for a casual Beatles listener like me. And no, there doesn't seem to be a "butcher" cover under the front cover slick.

R-1661465-1345300110-9756.jpeg.jpg

Randy Newman - Live (Reprise). As I understand it, this set of piano/vocal recordings from The Bitter End was released in desperation by Reprise when work stalled on the album that became Sail Away. Sail Away, when it finally came out, was worth waiting for - a minor masterpiece - but I've always like this intimate little record.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:19 PM, HutchFan said:

Byard is one of my favorite pianists, so I wouldn't want to be without ANY of his recordings -- whether they're solo or with a band. I love them ALL.  

Right now, I'm listening to this brilliant solo session from 1972:

JakiByard_TherellBeSomeChangesMade.png

Jaki Byard - There'll Be Some Changes Made (Muse)

I like that one too.

riddle me this, i decided i want many ralph sutton albums, they all, even the white label riverside or the verve are all only $3 bucks avg i could pick them all up for like 25 bucks prob but you know what i have ***NEVER*** seen ***ANY*** of them, definetly not the 10" 1st one on columbia, and none of them.  

so i got this today- but a later issue i prseume, a different jacket, w/ ralph +  2 dogs on it

R-2263381-1404480487-2149.jpeg.jpg 

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez