• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

R-3892511-1348314639-2002.jpeg.jpg

R-3892511-1374500754-6314.jpeg.jpg

Proud to report i bought the blue triangle Eastworld cd, shipping out of UK.  the lp sounds so amazing i can even begin to imagine how incredible the cd will be, which was released only  2 years after the lp

*by far my favorite fusion album

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

R-9743428-1485682284-3555.jpeg.jpg

This record took me back to a lab band rehearsal, 1975-76, Bob Belden had brought in a chart to be read. Bob was still finding his voice then, but already had all the attitude he was ever going no need, ever. This meant, of course, that he was viewed as a poser by some, so of course, when the band faltered at reading the intricate rhythms and clustered dissonances, it was perceived to be Bob's fault. But the rules were that anybody who brought in a chart got to have it played and rehearsed through to at least once complete run-through, ragged or not. Well, after the third breakdown, people started questioning if these notes in their part were correct, pretty sure they're not, you know all that shit. After the fifth breakdown, one of the tenor players (not me!) jeered, JESUS BELDEN, DON'T YOU EVER CUM?????

This record made me think about that night.

8 hours ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

how much you wanna bet my copy of brassamba is the audiophile version compared to the original pressing- i bet mine sounds way better if i had both to compare

R-1579025-1229825589.jpeg.jpg

I don't know why you think a 1981 Liberty pressing would sound better than an original Pacific Jazz pressing. I've heard original PJ LPs and the sound isn't bad but I have heard some pretty horrible Liberty pressings from the late 70's-early 80's. :)

R-12063472-1527547021-6569.jpeg.jpg

It might be a fun exercise to put together a record's worth of nothing but Erroll Garner introductions and then release them as "modern classical piano compositions". There's enough tells for a really keen-eared listener to eventually catch on, but there's more than enough to throw most people off. I mean, even with the knowledge of knowing what record is playing on my turntable, I still have these moments of doubt about maybe they fucked up at the record label and put a wrong track on there. :g

Nice shirt, btw. French cuffs still look good to me.