• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, soulpope said:

Never seen this one before ....

It's well worth seeking out. Typically outstanding duo work from Lieb & Beirach, comparable to Forgotten Fantasies -- if not quite on that level.

Originally, it was only released in Japan. At some point in the 90s, it was reissued by Storyville.

Lee Morgan-------The Sixth Sense-------(BN Liberty) blue/black label RVG

on of the better later Lee Morgan dates. Having Jackie on board doesn't hurt. Must locate the CD to play the unreleased tracks as memory suggests they were pretty good too.

5 minutes ago, chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez said:

spinning this out of my collection- its one of the actual fake-stereos, and not that fake stereos ever good, but its extra bad on this stuff- i have a vol 2 lexington so im all good what that part lol

R-1435633-1524247423-6624.jpeg.jpg

well the label looks good! 

R-1435633-1491410072-6392.jpeg.jpg

It´s interesting it has the same cover photo like my to CD´s of Monk on BN. But the first time I ever heard Monk, (which was the BN recordings) was a double album "Complete Genius" from the BN LA series.

22 hours ago, BillF said:

:tup

I must admit I have not listened to very much Chuck Mangione, but remember a small club they had in the mid 80´s in Vienna where the club-owner and DJ spinned very often "Children of Sanchez" which I think is a very catchy thing.

54 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

I must admit I have not listened to very much Chuck Mangione, but remember a small club they had in the mid 80´s in Vienna where the club-owner and DJ spinned very often "Children of Sanchez" which I think is a very catchy thing.

It's the early Mangione that I go for and the company he kept - particularly Nistico.

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, JSngry said:

Is this the Tenor Madness cover you got? Love these types of Prestige LP reissues, with liner notes written from a then-current "historical perspective", actual essays, usually, things you had to sit down to read!

R-2422077-1386359522-9032.jpeg.jpg

Yes that is it. And claims to be electronically re-recorded to simulate stereo, but it sounds like mono to me. Sounds great actually.