• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@HutchFan: I also like Disk 1 more than Disk 2. Mostly because the sittin in of Donald Byrd is a painful experience, since Donald Byrd had lost all his chops, he even sounds worse than Miles after is 5 or 6 years Hiatus when he first tried to pick up the trumpet again…...

But Sonny and the Group with Tony Williams is superb. One of my favourite versions of "Don´t stop the carneval" 

9 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

@HutchFan: I also like Disk 1 more than Disk 2. Mostly because the sittin in of Donald Byrd is a painful experience, since Donald Byrd had lost all his chops, he even sounds worse than Miles after is 5 or 6 years Hiatus when he first tried to pick up the trumpet again…...

But Sonny and the Group with Tony Williams is superb. One of my favourite versions of "Don´t stop the carneval" 

Yep, I agree. It's an uneven album. 

But those first three cuts: "Don't Stop the Carnival" and "Silver City" and "Autumn Nocturne."  Yowza!

On 7/28/2019 at 4:41 PM, HutchFan said:

81GQgBL%2Bj6L._SX500_.jpg

Carla Bley - Dinner Music (WATT, 1977)

Ms. Bley has a great sense of humour, in music and visually  She told me once in an interview that when the artwork for the cover of Dinner Music was sent to Japan for issue there, they spent hours removing the wine stains on the napkin.

5 hours ago, Ted O'Reilly said:

Ms. Bley has a great sense of humour, in music and visually  She told me once in an interview that when the artwork for the cover of Dinner Music was sent to Japan for issue there, they spent hours removing the wine stains on the napkin.

Ha! Funny story! :) 

Talk about "lost in translation"!

Edited by HutchFan