• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

feelin the spirit liberty labeled mono, which come in the old BN jacket, $15 today i am very happy w/ it i definetly did ok- as i was saying w/ the other lp, guitar for some reason the focus is so much clearer and direct on the mono

listening to grant green's solo on side two song one 'go down moses'- all i can think is.................................. this is better than every funky thing wes or george benson ever di......... no  i didnt say that, i didnt say that dawg.............................

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

On 26.10.2019 at 4:13 PM, sidewinder said:

R-1559077-1340293320-7233.jpeg.jpg

French DMM - Good, punchy sound and very nice session.

Mono NY USA for ‘Oh Baby’ sounds really good. Good find.

Both BN Albums of Leo Parker are very fine, but I think this one is even better than the first session. I´ve read somewhere that Alfred Lion planned a Dexter-Leo Parker Encounter but it never happened, because Leo Parker died too early.

On 10/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, Brad said:

I went to a house sale today and just as I was leaving spied a pile of LPs. Purchased three. Used some Discwasher on this one and sounded pretty good. However, I have a Studebaker cleaner coming tomorrow and will give it a good washing. Should sound even better.

EADCECB7-DC66-4B7B-B724-25F038677D56-L.j

Sorry but anytime I hear the name I have to think of this

On 10/26/2019 at 2:10 PM, JSngry said:

R-3859493-1486348075-9222.jpeg.jpg

If I hadn't gotten shit-canned that was the one I had my eye on from Tommy's list.

2 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

If I hadn't gotten shit-canned that was the one I had my eye on from Tommy's list.

Rest easy, I didn't get this from Tommy. He only went up to Volume 5. Didn't learn about this one until getting those from him, went the eBay route, got a good (enough) deal. I'm sure there will be others.

11 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

Those Verve double Albums with the paintings were great. That was in the late 70´s. 

Yes, way better (and compiled more thoughfully) than those silly "star spangled banner gadget wrapper" cover (Jazz History series) double albums from the same period (or very slightly earlier).