• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, HutchFan said:

R-5210081-1390517671-8759.jpeg.jpg

Oh I remember this but never had it. Is this the solo album. It was spinned in the Austrian Radio Show "Jazz Shop" in 1977/78 and if I remember  right it had that great version of "Sometimes I feel like a motherless child" on it. Very bluesy, gospel type piano. 

I later heard Ray Bryant live in a combo setting and he had a lighter touch, More like on the Miles album from 1955......

4 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Oh I remember this but never had it. Is this the solo album. It was spinned in the Austrian Radio Show "Jazz Shop" in 1977/78 and if I remember  right it had that great version of "Sometimes I feel like a motherless child" on it. Very bluesy, gospel type piano. 

Yes, it's a solo piano set. And yes, "Motherless Child" is on it.  (Good recall!)  :tup 

It's good stuff.  All of Ray Bryant's Pablo LPs are rock solid, IMO.

29 minutes ago, kh1958 said:

Image result for Mongo at MontreuxMongo Santamaria at Montreux (Atlantic)

I think that's one of Mongo's very best records. :tup 

Edited by HutchFan

I almost had forgotten about that great encounter McCoy Tyner Jackie McLean. Really great, and I also like very much the choice of Marcus Miller on el-bass on some of the tunes. I never understood why this was not reissued on CD. So I spinned it and recorded it on an USB stick to listen to in the car, 

The next on the car play list (from my LP collection) is the Messengers at Sweet Basil, really strong. 

Download (4).jpg

Download (5).jpg

42 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

I almost had forgotten about that great encounter McCoy Tyner Jackie McLean. Really great, and I also like very much the choice of Marcus Miller on el-bass on some of the tunes. I never understood why this was not reissued on CD. So I spinned it and recorded it on an USB stick to listen to in the car, 

Download (4).jpg

https://www.discogs.com/McCoy-Tyner-Jackie-McLean-Its-About-Time/release/2821250

That is the CD cover you've posted.

well I didn´t find the CD nowhere. When there were all those reissues in the 90´s and early 2000´s (RVG and Conoisseur), there was not this Album.

And I didn´t know that I posted a CD cover. I just looked for the Image of the Album I heard and found that, without knowing the source.