Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

It helps being an Electrical Engineer :D. I even have to do RFI separation of bundles on my rats-nest.

Yep but would help being a fit translocator too instead of bother friends to move mammouth speakers.

Edited by porcy62

Now:

R-1611702-1232093590.jpeg.jpg

Lester Young - "Prez" Vol. II (Pablo)

Earlier:

R-2409265-1282431424.jpeg.jpg

Elvin Jones - Genesis (Blue Note)

Today's entry on my 70s blog is about Elvin's Genesis.  Such a fantastic record!

8 hours ago, sidewinder said:

One reason I like Dynavector cartridges is that they give you quite a good trade in discount when renewing.

Another reason to like Dynavector cartridges is because they sound stinkin' fantastic.  ;)  Even to a guy like me, whose hearing ain't what it used to be.  

A couple years ago, I put a 10X5 on my old Rega Planar 3 'table.  Immediate GIGANTIC sonic improvement.  Can't imagine ever trying another brand.

Yeah - can’t go wrong with Dynavector. :)

Elvin’s ‘Genesis’. What a great choice - that one really burns. Whenever I play the Mosaic set it is that session I invariably head to, with the volume cranked up. Great vinyl version put out by Music Matters as well.

5 hours ago, porcy62 said:

R-2907960-1306719601.jpeg.jpg

Disc ONE up to TEN

Very nice in the vinyl edition.

Edited by sidewinder

10 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I am thinking of putting IsoAcoustics Gaia isolators to replace the Contour spikes but that is probably me done !

I use ISO-PUCKs from the same brand between monitors and speakers stand.Good product. (I had Contour 1.3 in the past before I moved to active speakers).

Edited by Misterioso
typo

Don Cherry/ Steve Lacy/ Dave Holland/ Masahiko Togashi————Live at Yubin Chokin, Kaikan Hall , Tokyo, May 14 1986—————( Victory)

I’ve no idea about the provenance of this new record. Two tracks are previously released. Overall it has the vibe of Lacy guesting with Cherry’s Multikulti , have a similar vibe. 

1 hour ago, Clunky said:

Don Cherry/ Steve Lacy/ Dave Holland/ Masahiko Togashi————Live at Yubin Chokin, Kaikan Hall , Tokyo, May 14 1986—————( Victory)

I’ve no idea about the provenance of this new record. Two tracks are previously released. Overall it has the vibe of Lacy guesting with Cherry’s Multikulti , have a similar vibe. 

It's a bootleg, I'm afraid.

The original release was "Bura Bura", under Masahiko Togashi's name. The 1986 LP had different tracks, but the complete concert (including the 5 now-bootlegged tracks) was released as a 2CD-set.

51 minutes ago, corto maltese said:

It's a bootleg, I'm afraid.

The original release was "Bura Bura", under Masahiko Togashi's name. The 1986 LP had different tracks, but the complete concert (including the 5 now-bootlegged tracks) was released as a 2CD-set.

Damn I hate it when that happens. I avoid boots for all the obvious reasons. 😢

57 minutes ago, corto maltese said:

Probably based on too high expectations a bit underwhelming ....

2 hours ago, Clunky said:

Damn I hate it when that happens. I avoid boots for all the obvious reasons. 😢

Yes, it's very annoying. I very nearly purchased that last month from a certain Leicester based supplier. I have 'Bura Bura' and was intrigued by the rest of the concert.